“Average Hotel for Below Average Price”

Knights Inn Seekonk MA
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Reviewed May 14, 2009

SUMMARY - We booked two rooms at this hotel with some friends in January in order to be close to an event in providence. It was pretty basic, but that's all we paid for. Aside from a few shady looking characters in the parking lot, it fulfilled our needs perfectly.

BATHROOM: Clean and basic, your typical hotel bathroom.

BEDS: Two double beds, sort of firm, seemed to be clean.

BILLING: Reserved via expedia, when we got to the hotel they still had not charged my card and had to do it at check-in. It wasn't a big hassle and we still got the rate I had booked.

BREAKFAST: Rather simple continental breakfast, as good as you could expect for a Knights Inn.

CLEANING: The room was as clean as it gets. While the building is obviously old, it seems to have been kept up.

CLIMATE CONTROL: There was an older heater/air conditioning unit that was a little clunky, but very effective.

ELEVATORS: N/A

FRONT DESK: We had some trouble at check-in, as mentioned above, the hotel had yet to charge my card, even though I booked ahead of time. They had trouble finding the right keys to the rooms we were assigned to (real keys, not key cards). However, the girl at the desk was very friendly and helpful the whole time, she didn't try to blame us for the trouble and made sure to get things right.

GYM: None.

HOT TUB: None.

INTERNET: Didn't try it.

LOCATION: On the outskirts of town, near a busy intersection in strip-mall land. Not terribly pedestrian friendly, but anything a traveler could need is nearby.

NOISE: Not as bad as you'd think given the location, probably because the hotel is set back from the busy intersection a bit.

PARKING: Ample parking, right in front of the rooms. You enter the room directly from the parking lot.

POOL: N/A

RECREATION: N/A

RESTAURANT: There was a Friendly's across the parking lot, and several other restaurants nearby.

ROOM: Basic room, 2 Beds, Nightstand, Chair, Desk, TV and Dresser.

SHUTTLE: N/A

STORE: None on site, walmart across the street, several other stores nearby.

SUPPLIES: Standard Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner, Mouthwash & Towels.

===== ===== =====

RATING NOTE: My ratings are generally based on value vs money. Thus, sometimes a simple hotel will receive a 4 or 5, while a fancy hotel

can rank a 1 or 2 if I don't feel it was worth the cost.

Also, a hotel can do everything right and still only rank as a 4, unless there's something really exceptional about it.

5 = Hotel gets everything right, and goes above and beyond.
4 = Hotel gets everything right.
3 = Hotel is acceptable value for money spent.
2 = Hotel isn't worth the money spent.
1 = Hotel should pay ME to stay there.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank akosz

Reviewed August 5, 2008

My wife & I stayed here for 4 nights. Overall, it was a good stay. Although it is an older motel (as both the front room door & the bathroom door stick), the owner has made steady improvements to the property: new windows in front rooms; new carpet & bedspreads; pool maintenance.

Good Points:

Customer Service: The day before we checked in, we came to the motel to look at the rooms. The lady at the front desk showed us several rooms, allowing us to reserve one for the next day arrival. She was very friendly, helpful, & professional. Upon arrival, we asked for a microwave, a luggage rack, an iron, & an extra tray to eat our meals. The staff was very helpful in providing these extras, & in giving directions to nearby grocery stores, cinemas, beaches, & local attractions. Its nice to see that customer service is a priority here.

The room had nice new furniture & was well-decorated. The walls looked freshly painted & the room was clean.

Location: Stop & Shop grocery store, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Movie Stop, 2 Showcase Cinemas, & several fast food restaurants are located nearby. As it located a couple hundred feet from Rt. # 6, traffic noise is minimal.

Comfortable beds; good a/c; mini-fridge; bathroom fan worked well; nice pool; plenty of free parking; guest-use computer in lobby; decent rates ($65).

Bad Points:

The breakfast was somewhat limited: instant oatmeal, Danish, huge muffins, English muffins, bagels, coffee, tea, decaf (instant), milk, & OJ. As I am strictly a coffee & cereal person, I had to buy my own cereal at a nearby grocery store. My main complaint was the lack of real cream; they only had whitener. Again, I picked some up at the Stop & Shop.

Although the room is nicely decorated, it is a bit impractical: there is no dresser for your clothing, but the closet is a good size.

19” TV with about 20 channels (some of which were fuzzy). Local calls were not free ($.35/min)

Overall, our stay was very good. We would definitely stay here again as it is a good deal for the money, & customer service is really good.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2008

This was a perfectly acceptable budget hotel. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. Mini-fridge and microwave nice features. Not a choice area, unless you want to do a lot of box-store shopping, but convenient to Providence, RI. Upstairs rooms are perhaps a bit nicer than the ground floor rooms.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed March 1, 2008

Room was a bit worn, but clean, warm & comfy. Shower was great-hot water & roomy.. Bed was good, location great, ez to Providence & shopping & dining. Staff courteous/helpful. Elec tripped easily with micro/tv/
bathrm light on? easily remedied. Too few tv channels. I recommend this place for easy transit/good value/comfort.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 2few2mention
Reviewed April 14, 2007

We stayed here for one week in early April. Internet did not work in our room and there were only 20 TV channels but I can get past that. There were ants on our bathroom floor even though we had no garbage in the bathroom.

Also during our stay I was bit by what I believe to be bed bugs. I woke up one morning itching like crazy and a few days later I noticed welts and extreme itching on various places in my body. Hopefully I didn't bring any of these bugs back to my house- I am very stressed out now and can hardly sleep at night. Although the low price on this hotel was attractive I regret staying here and wish we would have spent a little more money for better quality and less unwanted company..

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed May 28, 2006

What should have been a $20 taxi ride from Providence turned out to cost $55 when the taxi driver could not find the hotel and the instructions from hotel staff were very misleading. Also, there was no hot water for showers at night or in the morning. But it is a relatively clean establishment, decent value for money and you get a simple breakfast included. Overall, a good option for people on a budget, but don't stay there if you like a bit of comfort/luxury for your accomodation.

• Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed May 16, 2006

The best thing about this hotel was the price for the room, but you get what you pay for. The hotel was not within 1-2 miles of Providence airport as advertised and also did not have a free airport shuttle. There was no shuttle and when I asked about it at check-in, the clerk laughed at me and made a rude remark. It took us about 20 minutes to get to the airport -- at 4 am. I'm sure this would be longer during rush hour traffic. The room was older, but clean. The hotel location and overall atmosphere me feel less than safe. I would not stay here again and would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Comfort Inn Seekonk - Providence
#3 of 8 in Seekonk
Omni Providence Hotel
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 13 in Providence

Been to Knights Inn Seekonk MA? Share your experiences!