“Food was good but the restaurant stunk of rotten kitchen dumpster” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tito's Cantina

Tito's Cantina
Ranked #38 of 79 Restaurants in Seekonk
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Somerset, Massachusetts
“Food was good but the restaurant stunk of rotten kitchen dumpster”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a local restaurant with two locations. We were hungry after some shopping and decided to give it a try.
We were pleasantly surprised by all the selections on the menu- not your typical tex-mex.
When we first walked in, we noticed an odor but wasn't quite sure what it was - it lingered the entire time we were there and was definitely a detraction to the food.
I finally recalled what it smelled like- the area around a dumpster behind a restaurant- it should NOT smell like rotting food inside the restaurant.
I had the empanadas and they were very good- my husband had the Mole Chicken Chimichanga. While it was tasty it was not prepared as described- only mole sauce on the outside - a basic Chicken Chimi.
We DID NOT get sick - that was our biggest concern with mexican restaurants. IF it wasn't for the horrible stench, we would go back - but that concerns me about the cleanliness in the kitchen.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Upper Saint Clair, Pennsylvania
“Yuk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The best way to describe the food here is the word "gross"
The most authentic thing in the restaurant was me.
I must say though that our waitress was fantastic. Too bad she has to serve this crap.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Boise, Idaho ~ Providence, Rhode Island
“Americanized Mexican”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

After glancing at the menu and realizing they totally combine American into Mexican food combos, I totally went for the ultimate clash. The BBQ Chicken in a chimichanga! I was a little surprised when it came and I dug in and it was breaded, fried pre made bbq chicken strips unlike how the menu said it was fresh chicken so in my head I was picturing fresh chicken cut into small chunks. I was okay with it being like that, it was quite tasty, probably a gob of calories to stick those strips in a fried burrito though! It came with rice and beans as well, which were done well.

They bring chips and salsa to the table and if you ask for more, you can get more. Our server was friendly. This place was definitely not authentic but tasty. Only major downside was that it was kind of expensive for tex-mex.

• Visited May 2013
Taunton, Massachusetts
“Margarita Anyone??”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

The drinks are tasty the bar keeps fun and the food are a nice compliment. Stop anytime and you will leave happy!

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Keep on driving by!!!!!!!! Taco bell is down the street”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Food was poor but the waitress was very friendly and helpful. Kind of stinks when you can see to much and by saying that I mean being able to look into the kitchen and see the cooks playing with there hair. I would surely pass on this place as I would venture to say taco bell would taste better than the food they served us tonight.

• 5 of 5 bubbles