“Nice place - good value”

Ramada Seekonk Providence Area
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Andreas, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice place - good value”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel is not located in the downtown, but the rooms are nice and clean and spacious. Staff is friendly and the hotel is very quiet. We stayed here over Thanksgiving and New Years and both times it was been an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sara C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Barrington, Rhode Island
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days, as I was attending a few job interviews....great place...clean...helpful staff...all so kind and asked about my interviews...they were almost as excited as I was. When I was offered a position...Great place...great people

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank susan f
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights while attending a workshop in Providence RI. My room was comfortable, clean, and quite adequate. I found the reception staff to be very pleasant and helpful. Parking is plentiful except when they have a large event on site - I just had to do a little searching instead of pulling into a space by the door!!!! Continental breakfast is served in the dining room with everything you can want and great service staff - BEST COFFEE!!!
There is food service available on the weekend - plenty of places to eat within a short drive.
I recommended the Center to the people hosting my workshop.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Margaret P
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday while visiting family in Pawtucket and Providence.

Was a very convenient location, right off a main road and close to restaurants and stores.

Room was immaculate, I'm a germaphobe and had zero issues with it, housekeeping did a fabulous job!

Bed was comfortable, bathroom was updated and shower temp/pressure was perfect, room was nice and warm, breakfast was good - beautiful dining room, wonderful staff willing to go above and beyond (thank you for mailing my keys to me, Lisa).

I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a great price, friendly service, and a nice comfy room. We'll be staying here from now on!

• Stayed November 2013
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

First let me say that you can't beat it for the price! Needed to be in downtown providence but rates were sky high... These were much less and worth the drive. Our first room was in total disarray.... Sheets on floor and room not made up. (Not sure how someone starts a room then leaves it but they did.) Our replacement room was an "upgrade" on the 2nd floor... But the elevator didn't work...:(. Once we finally got settled the facilities were good... Beds were comfy and bathrooms were large and just remodeled. Furniture was a bit dated as evidenced by the fact that the drawer front fell off the dresser but we didn't need that drawer anyway. I think they might be having a housekeeping issue...????? Not a luxury hotel but if you are looking for a nice place to put your head down at night I would recommend.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
New Berlin, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed one night 10/31/13. Very nice hotel. Very large rooms, comfortable bed, coffee maker, small refrigerator, pleasant decor, spotlessly clean. Large bathroom, again spotlessly clean. All hotel employee's were friendly and helpful. All public areas well maintained and again, spotlessly clean. I recommend this Hotel and will stay again when I return to the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ourreggie
Long Island New York
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night over the weekend while visiting family in the area. Overall, I have to say that this hotel is a wonderful place. Most of the staff appears to be students from the local universities (which make sense as this was previously the Johnson & Wales Inn), but they all come off as very professional (no matter what age the staff member). We encountered friendly faces at the front desk, the bar, and the restaurant during breakfast, so hats off to everyone for that.
We managed to book a night at $59 and had one HELL of a room for such a dirt-cheap rate. The room was the biggest one i've ever stayed in (and i have stayed in several hotels with the same suite style room). It was extremely spacious, nicely decorated, and immaculately clean. It also featured lots of storage that I imagine is very nice for business travelers who are staying longer than I did and don't want to just live out of their suitcase. The closet was enormous, the dresser had more than the standard three drawers, there were cabinets next to the mini-fridge, and even the bathroom had several shelves to store bath items.
Breakfast the next morning was good, with one hot dish (french toast the morning I was there), as well as cereal, croissants and muffins, i believe bagels, yogurt, coffee and juice. Though the selection is technically smaller than the buffets offered at other hotels (most have 2 hot dishes a day, as well as waffles or pancakes), the food is significantly better quality. No powdered eggs or pre-packaged mass produced reheated food here...I could tell while eating my french toast that it was a piece that was freshly made that morning. The breakfast room is a little more upscale than the usual-no paper plates/cups/utensils etc.
The layout is a little confusing (elevator isn't anywhere near the lobby, but stairs to the second floor are), and there are a lot of little hallways, but it's nothing to really be too concerned about. Once you've walked through it once you have the hang of it.
The only thing I would say people need to be aware of is that while the rooms may have two double beds and a sleeper sofa, the beds are not made for two grown adults to comfortably sleep in them together. We had a party of five with two in each bed and 1 on the couch, and all four of the adults in the beds woke up the next morning and said they didn't feel as if they really had adequate room to sleep. So I would recommend that anyone traveling with a party of more than 3 people try to get two rooms if possible. If the rate is always as cheap as the one I got, it'll be worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank comsewogian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Comfort Inn Seekonk - Providence
#6 of 8 in Seekonk
Omni Providence Hotel
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 12 in Providence

Been to Ramada Seekonk Providence Area? Share your experiences!