“why didn't I stop here before now!”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Seekonk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed June 27, 2013

someone recommended this to me so I stopped in since it was close to the hotel. when I came in the hostess seated me right away and my waiter brought bread, a mixture of olive oil and parmigiana cheese. I had a cup of clam chowder that was really good but the best came next. I have been to many restaurants but few offer jambalaya. not only did Joes offer it, it was some of the best jambalaya I have had. when the waiter came by to check on me I asked if they had rolls or bread, he offered some of the bread that I had before dinner and it worked perfectly with the spices in the jambalaya. the meal, price and atmosphere were excellent! all for under $30.00

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was our 4th visit to this location in Seekonk and 6th at a NYAJ restaurant. Each time we have been very pleased with everything. Service, value, menu selections, food quality. The chicken caprese was excellent! So were the other 3 choices in our party. Love the hot bread and dipping oil, Very attentive wait staff, very clean facility. Manager made rounds and wanted feedback. What more could we ask of the whole team?
We will return again to meet family and friends and enjoy a great meal.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've been a few times and always get the same thing. Crabcake BLT. The beer is selection is nice. The bread with olive oil and parm dip is awesome. But last time my husband and I went with friends from out of town we ordered calamari. It was first time I did not want to eat calamari. It was burnt and obviously overcooked. It is always too noisy. One time I met some friends after work and they sat us next to a family with little kids running around and under our table...really? Not too relaxing for an after work gathering. Definitely more of a family place. Sit in the bar if it's just you and your husband.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Not Your Average Joe's really works hard to be well above average. It's definitely a casual, family restaurant but, unlike most chain casual restaurants, the food is cooked from scratch. It's great to know your entree wasn't taken out from the freezer and nuked by underpaid teens, which is sadly the norm at bigger chains.The staff is really friendly, and the manager not only makes the usual swing by but also gives coupons for a future visit to all the guests.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The food was great, atmosphere pleasant and waitress Lauren was unbelievable. We had 12 adults and 2 children and had a wonderful time. Fabulous choice of foods and the price was reasonable. Would highly recommend Chicken Caprese.