“meh.”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in Seekonk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
East Providence, Rhode Island
“meh.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

i was really excited when this place opened up, as it looked different and fresh! i've been a handful of times and it's always super crowded with a wait to be seated. the 'jungle juice' is my husband's drink of choice- it's okay but i always opt for a tall beer.

i always get the same thing here, mona lisa salad which started as a special and is now a permanent menu item. every time someone in my party orders anything else, they're not very impressed. my mom ordered pasta with chicken one day and was brought a plain pasta dish without any chicken or veggies. she asked for the correct meal and it took another 15 minutes to bring it out and by the time it arrived, it was ice cold. no one seemed to care very much.

it's a bit gimmicky, i don't see what's not so average about it. ill be back for beer or the salad but that's about it. meh.

• Visited May 2013

Warren, Rhode Island
“Had a great meal @ Not your Average Joe's”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

For my birthday, I got a coupon for a free entree and free dessert, which is very generous!

I decided to come out to eat and my girlfriend and I had a wonderful meal!

It was delicious! For an appetizer we got buffalo tenders, and they were really good!

Entrees I got a sliced sirloin steak with a mushroom sauce, and it was perfectly cooked (medium) and delicious!

She got a pizza, and really enjoyed it.

We got a Cheesecake creme brule for dessert ,and it was also wonderful.

The bread they serve you is also really good, especially with the cheese/oil.

I will say service was not perfect, we had to ask for utensils after receiving our appetizer.

We would recommend this place to anyone! It shows why there is always a wait to eat there, the food is awesome. I am shocked they did not utilize the whole building, they definitely draw a big enough crowd!

• Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Strange decor, nice service, good food”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I'm giving 4 stars based on the food and service but I really don't care for the non-standard Joe's decor. Apparently this was a Bugaboo Creek location till a year ago, rather than a standared Joe's color scheme for some reason a new, wierd design was chosen that's rather cold. Too much bright light, and the wood
is a strange greenish color. Sort of off-putting but the food is Joe's usual and the service bright and friendly

Visited April 2013
1 Thank bostonmarc
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Sunday night dinner was slow”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We ate here on a Sunday night (8:45pm). They were honest and told us the kitchen closed at 9; which was fine except that our waitress seemed to disappear for awhile after taking our drink order and before we could get our dinner order placed. When it's that late, and we know the workers don't want to stay any later either, it was a shame our dinner order took so long to place. Then once dinner arrived, we were reminded (again) that the kitchen was closing and did we want dessert? Then the manager came over and asked us the same question. Never asked us if we needed another beverage from the bar. Food was delivered hot; and it was tasty. But the service was so slow (and the place was practically empty), I'm not sure I'll return. Too bad, I had hoped for better based on the other reviews.

• Visited April 2013
Rhode Island
“Defintely NOT Average!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

It was highly recommended to me, so my expectations were high as well. The drinks, service and food were indeed, excellent. So many appetizing things on the menu, I will definitely be back to explore more!

• Visited February 2013