“Enjoyed everything”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 83 Restaurants in Seekonk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were 6 Redhatters that dined here last night. Schnitzel and Kuggel were ordered by most. I had Mediterranean Chicken. One serving of pork did come out half raw. A new dish was prepared immediately. Other than that, everything was good. My rice was nicely seasoned, and the food was more fresh made than the usual chain type food.
My favorite thing at this restaurant is the dipping oil and bread. I cannot stop eating it...The oil is blended with grated cheese, hot pepper seeds, garlic and who knows what else? It is so delicious that I get full on that before the meal comes.
For dessert we all shared one huge piece of Peanut Butter Thing, one of their signature desserts. It was huge and delicious.
Excellent attentive prompt service. The manager stopped at our table a few times to make sure all was ok. Nice touch.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had passed this restaraunt a few times since it was redone. Formerly Bugaboo Creek "steak house", I was extremely pessimistic that the food here would be good.

I think it's fresh and new and a welcome addition to the restaraunts in the area that have been getting a little "tired". 1149 "bar and grill", Ichigo Ichie, they are good restaraunts but unfortunately showing some of their age and wear and tear already.

Not your average joes has a great "bar and grill" menu with great pizza and wonderful bread. I think it's a great "safe and interesting menu" that is convenient. There's a bit of outdoor seating wihch is nice in the summer and fall.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I still can't get over the fact that it use to be Bugaboo Steak house! Enough of that! We walked in and our preference on seating was taken into consideration. My father is hard of hearing and I asked for a quiet place to sit since the music was loud. We were seated at a table by the front window facing the main road. The noise level was much reduced. Which says a lot, there are places where you can not get away from the music at all.

The waiter came over and asked if we had ever been there before. Gave us some very good suggestions. We ordered a simple meat and potato dish for my father.and I ordered the steamed dumplings. Prior to the food arriving we were served with fresh made bread and an olive oil mixture (can't remember the second oil) the added herbs and grated cheese. When the food arrived the presentation was eye pleasing. Both meals were very good. My only complaint and the general complaint around me was that sauces were poured over the food. I had the dipping sauce poured over the dumplings and after one bite promptly moved all of it to another plate. The sauces are good but overpowering. Our waiter was wonderful, sorry can't remember his name, I did fill out the comment card and mail it to the home office along with his name and gave him an excellent rating!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

After eating at this chain in Burlington Boston and not being impressed we decided to give it another go after reading all the reviews about this one and we were not dissapointed. Food was wonderful, I had the meatloaf which was the best I have ever had.
Juliananna was our server and was charming and knowledgeable about the menu.
Would now thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Found the restaurant (for lunch) to be very good with a varied menu, good prices and excellent service. Chose the restaurant 'on line' as a meeting place for folks coming from different directions and needing a central spot. This was a very good choice.