“Pleasantly surprised !!!!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Providence, Rhode Island
“Pleasantly surprised !!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I recently stayed here one night and was pleasantly surprised. I have never stayed at a Hampton Inn and I wasn't expecting much. However, both the lobby and the room itself were super clean.

Okay, so (go ahead laugh if you want) I'm the type of person who always brings Clorox wipes and Lysol spray whenever I travel ( yes, even to Disney) - fully expecting that I will have to do a once all over surface cleaning after checking in.
I checked out the entire room (even the bed board frame & the tops of the hanging pictures) from the inside of the microwave, fridge, sink, tub, toilet etc.... You get the idea, right? No dust, no hairs !!!!! I did have to adjust the heat (it works a bit too well, had to put it on low) so I wiped the knob off first and nothing, no dirt. Even while at Disney and a pretty nice place I stay @ when visiting N. Conway N.H. I have found dust/dirt in rooms much more expensive.

Another thing, after watching a 20/20? episode awhile back where they go undercover to see how clean hotel rooms are, or aren't ... what always stuck out in my mind was the finding that the majority of hotels do not wash the comforters on a regular basis. So, usually in hotels I don't use the comforter at all, I just push it down by the end of the bed. I was impressed that there was a post it on the bed stating that the duvet covers were freshly laundered. I'm unsure if that is a typical thing at all Hampton Inns or if this is something that the owners of this particular location make it a point to do.

The location is very convenient and easy to get to. There only minor negative was when I tried to call the Front Desk to ask what was open late to grab something to eat. The phone in the room did not work at all. I used my cellphone to call the Front Desk and the person was polite & friendly (btw I found out the McDonald's across the street is open 24 hrs !! ). Also, I was a bit puzzled that there were not any flyers or listings for take out/delivery places in the room. I did find a few in the lobby the next day.

I liked the security, after 11 pm no one can access the hotel not even the lobby area unless you have a room key.

In the morning while I was waiting in the lobby a staff member came over to me and asked if I wanted her to put the tv on for me... Which was nice I thought even though I declined, it was a friendly gesture. I woke up too late to take advantage of the breakfast that is included in the room fee. The coffee was good. I was surprised they offered flavored non-non dairy creamers - that was a bonus, as I can't drink milk or cream. Often, when I travel I have to drink my coffee black. Again, I have no idea if this is at all Hampton Inns or it's site specific.

Overall, I would most definitely stay here again : )

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
NJ
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Was here for an overnight visit on business. Greeted at the front desk by Stella who was extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Was hungry and there are many options nearby as well delivery options. Got there just in time for warm cookies. Room was clean and neat. Breakfast was terrific and the breakfast server was delightful. Couldn't have been better. Even the cleaning staff smiled and was helpful. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Salem, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Power outage, no back up lighting whatsoever, (act of God - not hotels fault, however....)Stairways and hallways frightening. total darkness. Blizzard was predicted, However from what we were told, generator was locked in shed a few miles away. Should have been brought on site prior to storm. No power for 24 hours - no fault of employees, however, owner should make sure that at at the very least back up lights working. They put 1 glow stick in the stair ways so you did not walk into the wall. They did have flashlights available if you asked. Employees had to wear coats it got that cold. A guest lent a generator on his truck so they could boil water in the morning for Coffee/Tea. Had the power not gone out this probably would have been a good experience, however the owner should be held accountable for the safety of his hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Burlington, Connecticut
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My boyfriend & I recently stayed here over the weekend for one night while visiting Providence. It's a great alternative to staying directly in Providence as it's only about a 10 minute drive and very convenient to the highway. There also seemed to be a good amount of shops & places to eat within walking distance.

The hotel itself seems a bit dated inside as far as furniture and decor. You can tell that it's an older property as you look around, but overall it's not bad. We had one small issue with our room which was that the deadbolt would not close as we shut the door. The deadbolt would stay sticking out so the door couldn't shut. We had to find a way to push the deadbolt back in so that we could close the door properly. It happened each time we left/entered the room. A bit odd, but not a huge issue. The only other thing I would mention is that the elevator was noisy and shook quite a bit.

Despite these minor issues, it was a good overnight stay and the service was great. The same girl was at the front desk when we checked in and checked out and she was very friendly. She had just made freshly baked ooey gooey chocolate chip cookies when we arrived and they were the perfect snack after being on the road for a few hours. She said they serve cookies and milk until 7pm -- who doesn't love cookies and milk?! :) Also, the check-in/check-out process was very efficient.

Our room was clean & comfortable. No issues with noise from other rooms, though it did appear to be a slow night. We didn't take advantage of the complimentary breakfast this time, but it seemed like they had a pretty good set up. Free parking & wi-fi which is always great!

Overall, it was a great alternative since we couldn't stay in downtown Providence and I would definitely be back when in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee's Summit
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The breakfast is free but the eggs are horrible. It would be better to not offer eggs rather than offer the warmed up egg dishes. the room was great the staff was great. I would stay here again and I eat breakfast across the street at McDonalds.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Seabrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My family & I stay here when we have events in Providence. The rooms and lobby are clean and staff is friendly. The woman who is the breakfast server is excellent! She is friendly, races to clean tables and keep the food stocked. The warm chocolate chip cookies with hot chocolate in the evening are a great bonus!

Room Tip: If you are staying there for an event or while an event with kids is happening ask for a room away f...