“High expectations shattered” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Providence, Rhode Island
“High expectations shattered”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have been to the one in East Greenwich many times and it seems the service is much better in EG. I went with reservation for 7pm and wasnt seated until 7:15 because they wernt prepared, when opening my menu there was stains and large food particles stuck in it, When my filet was delivered to the table I was given no steak knife(had to ask for it), the place was busy and could barly hear the person I was dining with. For the price of the bill (right around $80) I was not impressed by any means.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank LoneTraveler401

Mint Hill, North Carolina
“Good food needs better waitstaff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

I went to the 1149 for lunch with a colleague of mine and for the most part everything was great. The cranberry chicken salad was plentiful and fresh and the food came out fairly quickly.
Our waiter was a very "young" man who prefixed his sentences with "awesome" and was not what I would call professional in the sense you would expect from a higher end restaurant like the 1149E. The highlight of the meal was when he reached across me to refill my water glass and knock over the glass of ice water smack into my lap! I had to ask for another cloth napkin to soak up all the water in my pants and ended up sitting on another napkin to help absorb the excess water. While he did apologize there was no offer to give any reduction in the bill or even a free cup of coffee for this mishap. I ended up not finishing my meal nor the dessert as I was just too uncomfortable sitting in wet pants. My colleague paid for the meal or I would have complained to management as she is far kinder than I .

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank MILLANDRO
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Never been disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

I've gone to the Eleven Forty Nine in Seekonk, MA from everything to a night out with my spouse, to a casual girls night, to brunch on a Sunday morning to a baby shower. No matter what the occasion, the staff have always been extremely professional, the atmosphere is great. There is an outdoor patio on those warm nice summer nights and a really nice bar while you wait for your table. The food has ALWAYS been excellent!!! I've tried many plates there. The brunch has pretty much everything you can think of. The dinner has everything from a delicious steak n cheese to a special occasion beautifully presented seafood or steak dinner. I've NEVER been disappointed. You can always depend on them for a great meal at an affordable price!!!

• Visited October 2011
3 Thank spaiva81
Massachusetts
“Great Special Occassion Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We went here for brunch with my parents for my birthday. The cost was $24.95 per person so it is a bit pricey but perfect for the special occasion. The brunch included everything you would imagine would be available at that price point (carving station with Prime Rib, waffle station, egg station, various breakfast meats ham, bacon, sausage, freshly baked breads, muffins, pastries, other hot items such as fish, chicken, potatoes and cold station with salmon, cheeses, veggies, etc. etc. etc.). The service was excellent, we did not feel rushed and with so many food options it’s easy to go up several times :)

• Visited September 2011
Providence, Rhode Island
“great lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

We went for lunch and had a nice meal. We started with the little necks. They were freshly shucked and served with nice sauces. I had a cranberry spinach salad while my husband had an English burger for lunch. Both were prepared nicely. The Axis zinfandel was delicious and inexpensive. Great espresso, too. Give it a try.

• Visited October 2011