“Great B&B”

Nichols Guest House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 3 Seekonk B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I was traveling through the area on interviews and wanted a place close Pawtucket and Providence RI without spending too much. I am so lucky that I ran across this B&B! It is extremely cozy and convenient, clean, and the owners are lovely. They provide a feast of a breakfast consisting of hot and cold foods, fruits, baked goods, etc. They are also very accommodating, providing it an hour earlier than normal because I had to leave early. Each room has a heater, an essential item for winter in New England. Overall, considering the price and the services it provides, I give it 5 stars and I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Each of the 3 bedrooms is a little different, so pay attention to the details of the types of bed in...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel P

Reviewed December 9, 2011

This place was cozy, comfortable, and very convenient. Service was above and beyond. They even left us little notes to remind us to switch our clock back! And breakfast... what a FEAST! It was truly a home away from home. Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shahna C
Ddtisme, Owner at Nichols Guest House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2011

It is a joy to have had so many appreciative guests like these.
You're welcome!

Reviewed November 5, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a weekend during a workshop. That quickly turned into a Weekend Getaway. The B&B is small & cozy (only 3 rooms), we had a KING size bed in our room which was SUPER comfortable. The breakfast was really great & filling! It was fun sitting around after breakfast and talking to the owner and maintenance keeper for literally hours after having the final piece & spoonful of potato pancake and home-made apple pie. This place is as comfortable as the owners' experience with the home. Raised in the home, Dorothy has kept the warmth and kind hospitality that I could imagine was here when her family lived in it. Do yourself a favor and stay here, not to forget that it's approx. 10 min from the heart of Providence, RI and in the middle of some great Historic Mass. scenery (Plymouth rock). We will definitely be returning for the spring time!

Room Tip: Stay in the Eleanor Room
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed here when we were going to a wedding in nearby Rehoboth. We really loved this place and thought it was one of the nicest and friendliest b&bs we've ever stayed at. Sometimes these places feel sort of intrusive and public, but we were given plenty of privacy. The breakfast was just amazing, and I'm awfully surprised by the reviewer who found fault with it. Dorothy made a cranberry almond coffee cake that was one of the best things I've ever eaten, and I don't even like cranberries! I'm picky and was thrilled with all of the choices, but I ended up eating almost everything she made. Our room and its bathroom were a little small, but that's to be expected in an old house. We had a lovely stay and would highly recommend Nichols.

Room Tip: It's best to choose a room with a private bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2011

By pure happenstance, my friend and I discovered Nichols Guest House B&B while searching for a hotel in the Foxboro Mass area. We were in town for a concert and were thrilled to discover that the Nichols had a room available...and for a very reasonable price- $99/night! As soon as were arrived at the B&B we were pleased with the decor, cleanliness, and atmosphere of the house. We were also very pleased to discover that the Nichols have a self-entry system at their B&B in order to allow guests to let themselves in after a late night. Our room was perfect- a queen sized bed, private bathroom/shower, and a tv and dvd player. I also must mention the delicious breakfast that Dorothy and Walt provided for us the following morning- french toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, baked beans ( a Boston thing!) fresh fruit, coffee cake, coffee, juice, and a wide variety of teas. I should also note that while breakfast is usually served at 8:30 AM, Dorothy and Walt were extremely accommodating and served us breakfast an hour earlier than usually due to our desire to leave early in the morning. They were both very friendly and my only regret is that I was not able to stay longer! I will certainly go back to Nichols B&B the next time I am in the area and I highly recommend it to any travelers looking for a place to stay in the Boston/ Foxboro/ Providence area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank 64EmmaS
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. The B&B is small but cozy (only 3 rooms), and the breakfast was really great! It was fun sitting around a single table talking with the other guests in the morning. We brought our bikes to the Providence bike trails, had dinner in Providence, and wandered through a Waterfire celebration. I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Only 2 rooms have private baths
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2011

The only positive thing we can say is the breakfast was good. The stairway to the room was extremely narrow. The room was small and cramped. You did the sidestep to get around the room. The bathroom was tiny (size of a very small closet). If there had been a fire, we would have perished. We slept with one eye open all night. One window wouldn't stay open and the other had an A/C in it. The portable ladder to throw over the window sill was in a box under the A/C. Needless to say, we only stayed one night and kicked ourselves that we even stayed for one.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank cbbjeb
Ddtisme, Owner at Nichols Guest House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Older homes are not for everyone. With two hundred year old authenticity, expect smaller rooms. They had to be heated by fireplaces. Our showers are larger than those on cruise ships, big enough to fill the purpose for which they're intended. With yearly inspections, two routes out of every room, emergency ladders, smoke detectors, auxiliary lighting and extinguishers, we exceed fire safety requirements. We'd prefer that guests express a concern, if they have one. while they are with us so we can attempt to remediate the problem if at all possible. We appreciate the breakfast compliment, since every effort is made to make them pleasantly memorable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
Ramada Seekonk Providence Area
Hampton Inn Seekonk
Hampton Inn Seekonk
#1 of 8 in Seekonk
Comfort Inn Seekonk - Providence

Been to Nichols Guest House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!