“chef has changed - stay away”

Mill Wharf Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 35 Restaurants in Scituate
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Scituate, MA
“chef has changed - stay away”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We have enjoyed the upstairs pub at the Mill Wharf for several years, until recently when the chef left. Will not return - our seafood was horrible and way overpriced.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank MargieOh

edo109
“Location, Views, Comfortable, and consistently great food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

You'll see other comments that describe the great water and lighthouse views from every table. That said, the atmosphere inside is equally enjoyable during any season of the year. Oh, the food? The menu is varied...from the simple wood fired thin crust pizza, to pistachio encrusted salmon, to Cowboy Pork Chop, Scrod, Swordfish, or Scallops, you'll never be disappointed. But do try at least one cup of Lobster Stew.....the best that I've ever had anywhere always with huge chucks of fresh lobster. Steamers are always very good.
For desert, share a slice of Peanut Butter La La followed by a 'specialty' coffee.
They usually have music starting at 7:00 on Friday night (2 pc. light jazz) to complete the setting.

• Visited November 2012
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Excellent Food, Excellent View”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The view of the harbor, right on the water with all the boats and lighthouse in the distance is picturesque and soothing.
We had a large family group there for lunch. This was a nice, casual, comfortable atmosphere. Waiter was excellent with timing and just the right amount of attentiveness. We all shared lots of food across the table. Lobster stew and clam chowder that I tasted were both terrific. Crab cakes were the best I have ever tasted -- light and crispy on the outside with fresh crab on the inside. Lobster roll was probably the best I have ever eaten, too, nice and fresh, chunky but not awkward for eating, not too much mayo or celery. Bloody Mary was good, not the best, but good. I tasted the fried scallops -- wow!!! Big, fleshy scallops cooked perfectly. I also tasted the fried clams which were wonderful. The waiter was very gracious and patient with us as we sat there for hours visiting and enjoying the view and each others' company for an extended period of time.
I would not advise missing out on this place if you're anywhere near Scituate!

• Visited September 2012
Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
“light dinner”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

walking the harbor and friends said to check it out we did and not that impressed. Asked for the longe and we were seated in a high top by resturant , sevice poor @ best and food was sooo overpriced. after sitting for awhile watching it seemed like local yoko and very expensive so would not recommend over priced and poor service and un attentive staff.

• Visited September 2012
Hanover, Massachusetts
“Beautiful View, Food Could Be Better”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

If you like dinner on the water, this is the place for you. Wonderful view of the harbor, especially at sunset. A very happy and carefree atmosphere. I went here with my folks. I've only been here a few times over the years, but, that was before this website was created. The food was good...but not great. We had a young waiter, he did a good job, but, I don't think he knew what medium-rare meant because my sirloin (which at the same time tasted like sausages) was medium-well. It is a family friendly atmosphere. One thing I found slightly inappropriate was the family next to us and their waitress betting their eldest son to eat the brownie dessert and continuously mentioning vomiting in the process. I may have a slight phobia towards that (who doesn't) but I don't appreciate it when I'm enjoying my meal and someone is mentioning/encouraging their child to try not to vomit. That was a mood killer. But, all together it was a good time.

• Visited August 2012