“A cut above the rest”
Review of Oro

Oro
Reserve with OpenTable
Oro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Scituate
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in the heart of Scituate harbor, Oro offers fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere, where the highest quality ingredients from local farmers are selected and showcased.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Beautiful food! Fantastic atmosphere! The beet salad is the best there is! Great service too! Don't miss this one!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I have been to Oro a few times and it's been consistently good each time. We were just there recently and once again it was very good. Our server was very prompt and courteous and friendly. We started with the raw tuna and salmon appetizer which I always get because it is so good. We split it because it is a very good portion. I think that and a salad would make a meal. My husband went on to get the duck which he really enjoyed. I got the salmon which I absolutely loved - it was delicious. The salmon was nothing special, but what it came with pushed it to a whole new level. Check out the menu for more detail as my memory is pretty good and I would describe the salmon as sitting on black rice and a tomatillo salsa - which I don't think does the description justice. Anyway, I would highly recommend it. We were too full to have dessert. The location of the restaurant is nothing special - it's across the street from a gas station so that's the view if you're sitting at the window. The interior is nice - very simple, and comfortable. The noise level is average I'd say. It was such a nice day when we went into Scituate, too early for our reservation at Oro, that we first grabbed a drink on the deck at TKO'Malley's - they have a bar that looks out into the bay which is so great. It's just a short walk from there to Oro so it was a nice way to begin the evening. That is the great thing about Front Street - if you do get there early, there are plenty of shops to check out and places to grab a drink beforehand. Parking for Oro hasn't been a problem for us - there's plenty in back of the restaurant and we've always been able to get a spot. By the way, the owners of Oro also own a newer restaurant with an outdoor patio called Tesoro just up the street from Oro on the left, which is also very good. But that's another review for another time. I'd recommend you check both Oro and Tesoro out if you find yourself in Scituate!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Sunday brunch offers a nice simple selections from traditional [eggs] to local [oysters]. It has a nice quiet dining room where you can have relaxing conversations. Would be a great place for a group as well. The hash browns are more like home fries, but tasty, and the chorizo is perfect. The service was not overly attentive.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

High quality dining on Front Street in Scituate. Visited this spot with an old friend from Scituate, and really enjoyed everything. The restaurant has a very open feeling, and we got a nice table by a window. The bar area looks great too, if you are eating on your own.

I started with a Caesar salad, and it was outstanding. It was a huge bowl, with lots of cheese and a cheese biscuit that was fabulous. I've eaten a lot of Caesar salads, but this was one of the best ever. My entree was a lobster cake on a spinach and grilled onion base. Excellent!

For desert I had to have the chocolate pudding cake and a small scoop of ice cream. The center of the cake is liquid chocolate and the ice cream is the perfect compliment.

The service was outstanding, very attentive and professional. He even said he was having an excellent day when we asked. Not many times I've had such an enthusiastic waiter. He got a big tip because his service was so strong.

All in all a great dining experience and I will be back next time I'm in Scituate.

1  Thank Donald M
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Until Oro, the Scituate restaurants were all too similar. Oro shook up the area using local ingredients on a menu that changes frequently. The bar is busy and offers creative cocktails. We frequently order a few appetizers to share as our dinner. Reservations are accepted and recommended. Oro keeps a few high top tables open for walk-ins in the bar area, but those seats go quickly.