“Very accomodating at The Inn At Scituate Harbor”

The Inn at Scituate Harbor
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Scituate
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This Inn offers a beautiful view from our window overlooking the Harbor. This has been our second stay at the Inn and both times we only required one overnight stay over a holiday weekend. The staff were very efficient and helpful. We were pleasantly surprised by recent renovations to our room with lovely bedding and new carpeting in the room. Easily accessible to quaint shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: First floor room was very accessible and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank evschwantner

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful location and major improvements have been made. But it can be dingy here and there and carpeting is grungy. The worst part is the steps. Three flights with two 50 pound suit cases was too much. Then down again. Ugh! Breakfast was so-so. A little yoghurt, bananas, old looking grapes and fat-laden sweet rolls.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick S
Lyndaf1, General Manager at The Inn at Scituate Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

We are a 3 story New England Inn and sadly do not have elevators, however we have the best staff and they are always willing to help with luggage. In fact I think my desk clerk and I carried your luggage to your room. We make a point of asking our guests if they have trouble with stairs when making their reservation. Our Inn has gone through many exciting updates in the last two years including all new carpeting (which is washed and maintained regularly); I have gone through every room and hallway and have not located any area that has any issues. Occasionally guests spill coffee or something and our staff does their best to clean it, if they are not successful, we have a professional rug cleaner come in as soon as possible. Our complimentary Continental Breakfast which is served daily includes bananas, grapes, seasonal fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, juices, coffee, tea, donuts, pastries and muffins. There are several places within walking distance to grab a more substantial breakfast if that is what you are looking for. We are proud of all the Inn has to offer and appreciate any input to help us better serve our guests!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

In a good way, of course.
This harbor-side inn affords wonderful views of Scituate's amazing - and 'working' - harbor. Fishing boats co-exist with pleasure craft and it's all just outside your window.
The rooms are a little tired but a notice in our room promised that an upgrade is just around the corner. No worries, the friendly staff and tasty continental breakfast more than make up for lack of elegance in the rooms.
An easy walk to the town's shops and excellent restaurants make this a great destination for a long weekend or just a romantic over-night stay.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms have the best views without being too close to the patio activities below
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ArthurF333
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stay here when in the area. It is a pet friendly place and staff is nice. Great views here. Close to the harbor, stores , restaurants and historical sites. Decent rates.Roses can be very beautiful. The bar downstairs is good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank DaveJoseph
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our friends and families stayed at this charming inn for a family wedding in the area. It was an ideal location for people to be. The town of Scituate is a charming New England town with lots of restaurants and stores. The staff at the Inn could not have been nicer in accommodating our group. The rooms were recently updated and were attractive, clean and comfortable. Some rooms have views of the harbor which is very picturesque. I would recommend this Inn to anyone traveling to this area.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Marjorie S
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I decided to take off with my three kids on a whim. We used to live in a neighboring town and knew how delightful Scituate was. The location of the Inn is perfect for walking and taking in the scenery. The staff was delightful. Peggy got a roll away bed for the extra large child who doesn't share. We had a room with two beds and plenty of room for the cot. The view from room 29 of the harbor was breathtaking. The breakfast was fresh and beautiful every day. Even the coffee was great! There are some renovations going on soon, so the rooms will change some, but I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank FarmerBarb
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed for one night at the Inn at Scituatewith my husband and son. It is ideally located - both in terms of being right on the water and in proximity to walking into town. The view from our room was lovely. In addition, the innkeeper was SO nice. I felt completely welcome there.

However, I was disappointed in the stay for a couple of reasons. My main complaint is that our room was very musty. I know the inn is near the water, and it is damp, but the room did not smell good. It was really rough on our allergies! I think I should have turned on the AC right away to dry it out, but it was not hot out and I try to be conscious of my carbon footprint... Anyway, when I turned on the air conditioner in the morning, the room was much better.

There was a notice in the room that they are in the process of updating furniture and decor. That is good, because the Inn at Scituate is pretty outdated. It is in need of modernizing big time, but my son was thrilled with the big flat screen tv in our room.

Overall, I have to give this inn a mediocre rating. The bones and service are there, but it just does not measure up in the grand scheme of things.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Josie B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scituate
Nantasket Beach Resort
Best Western Rockland
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Rockland
Hotel 1620 Plymouth Harbor
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth

Been to The Inn at Scituate Harbor? Share your experiences!