“It could have been a lovely evening”

The Inn at Scituate Harbor
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Scituate
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I really wanted to love this place. It has a convenient location across the street from the Scituate Harbor, with lots of cute shops to browse only a few steps away. The staff is friendly, particularly Leslie, and Wendy who recommended the Mill Wharf Restaurant for dinner. It was too dark out to fully enjoy the harbor view, but our meal was wonderful there and we look forward to returning with friends.

Our first floor room was clean and comfortable. The only negative - and it's a big one - we didn't get a wink of sleep. Our upstairs neighbors made frequent trips to the rest room throughout the night and we heard every step and every flush. Now, I understand that It's better to be on the upper floors if noise bothers you, and I usually request a top floor room. However, at this time of the year, with low occupancy, I didn't think it was necessary. Shame on me! On checking out, I asked how many rooms were occupied and was told there were 8 guests in 4 rooms, including us. Why in the world did we need to have neighbors at all?? I was told that they would have been happy to change my room if I had called the desk, but at 2:00 a.m. who wants to pack up all their belongings and change rooms? So, as nice as it could have been, I can't say that I would return. If you're looking for a good night's sleep, this isn't the place to go. Next time, I'll take my chances somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room!
4  Thank jojacet

Reviewed December 7, 2011

Positives

Beautiful view in a nice little seaside town

On-site little bar is convenient

Guest room was comfortable

Negatives

Walls are paper thin, you can listen to the TV next door and leave your volume off

You can hear every step if a guest is staying above you

Continental breakfast is very limited

Would I stay there again? if a room with no guests on either side was available

Room Tip: ask for a room without guests in adjacent rooms
4  Thank vincentvango
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Two out of three nights it was very difficult to go to sleep.

Wonder why on a Sunday night when it was obvious there were plenty of rooms available, we ended up with a very loud, crass and probably drunk couple next to us. They fought until 3 am, and a call to the front desk yielded no results.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Journe
Lyndaf1, General Manager at The Inn at Scituate Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Thank you for your response, I am glad you like the location and The Inn. Scituate is a wonderful place for a quick getaway or a family vacation! The Inn was built in 1969 and even with all the new revovations noise can sometimes be heard. I am so sorry you had loud guests next to you. We do have quiet hours beginning at 10pm and do our best to make The Inn condusive to sleeping. Our desk clerks are trained to address any guest who is not being respectful and, in fact, if the behavior does not change we will ask the guest to leave the premises. I tried to investigate the situation but was unable to pinpoint your complaint to the desk clerk. I have reminded the desk clerks about our policy and hope that you will give The Inn and Scituate another visit!

Reviewed November 17, 2011

Stayed a night for a quick getaway from Boston. The staff were nice, but the accommodations are overpriced for the room and 'view'. For this price range I expect to at least be able to see the water from sitting in the room, but the window box is too high up to see while sitting. The continental breakfast was nicer than expected, so that was a bonus. The location is great for hanging out in Scituate, but we won't be going back.

3  Thank candaflo
Lyndaf1, General Manager at The Inn at Scituate Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

We agree we have a great staff (we are lucky to have them) and our location here in the harbor is perfect for enjoying the shops, restaurants, and many other sites and activities. Every room has a wonderful view of the harbor, light house and pier however there are a few third floor rooms where the window is slightly higher than normal to allow for the air conditioning unit....we have received some quotes and are working with a decorator to purchase counter height seating for those few rooms. All of our other rooms have seating that allow our guests to see our priceless view of Scituate Harbor. We hope you will change your mind and visit Scituate again.... it is truly a hidden gem!

Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is a two star hotel with four star prices. We came with our best friends for an anniversary weekend. We were willing to pay a little more than usual because we had expectations based on reviews and hotel location. Location was great. Hotel was disappointing. Our room was very small for a very big price. We were told all rooms same size. NOT. Our friends room was much bigger. No fan in the bathroom. Bed linens nice but room decor shabby. It was okay but nothing special. We asked to see the room rates and were told "we dont have published room rates. Its like an airplane, the more it is booked the higher the price." We paid $285 per night and recieved $23 off when we complained upon checkout. Too bad, its a pretty location but I would not return to this hotel at these prices.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank Beachy050
Lyndaf1, General Manager at The Inn at Scituate Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

I hope you do return and I am sorry if you feel mislead. Our room rates are the same for all types of rooms (most properties charge more or less depending on the bed set up). Our rates are available online at our website (we do not have a pamphlet with printed prices), they do change, as is standard practice in hotels, air lines and many other products and services, it is based on supply and demand. Our corner rooms are smaller but because they have windows on two walls they are the most requested rooms at The Inn. Your intial reservation booked two of the last rooms available for the sell out weekend during prime season. We try to offer the best customer service so when you cancelled last minute and asked to change your arrival date due to weather, we did not apply the cancellation fee and you again chose a weekend where we sold out and you were the last to book. Our Inn has seen many renovations including all new carpeting, windows, flat screen TVs, window treatments, bedding, lock systems, pool and bar updates and as budget allows, updates to the room furnishings which are currently New England Hitchcock furniture. There are fans in all bathrooms that are kept running continuously by a master switch, to ensure proper air circulation. Scituate is a beautiful town with lots to offer so I hope you will visit again.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed here recently for business as it is the only hotel in town. It was decent enough. The room was large and the internet was FREE!!! They had a small continental breakfast which was decent for a light breakfast. But......I decided to leave a day early and they still charged me for the 2nd night. This is within their rights, but I think they could have waived the 2nd night in order to gain a satisfied customer. Anyways.....decent hotel, but a little over priced.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank hilburno
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My thanks for a great overall stay! Most appreciated the fact that the owners didn't increase prices because folks were in such despair. Greed is not a part of this fine motel.
I loved the location so close to harbor and shops. The sunrise was breathtaking after the hurricane!
The staff was warm and helpful - all and all - wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank StanleyCupGirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scituate
Nantasket Beach Resort
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay
John Carver Inn & Spa
John Carver Inn & Spa
#6 of 9 in Plymouth

Been to The Inn at Scituate Harbor? Share your experiences!