“Great stay”

Sandwich Lodge & Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sandwich
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I ended up needing a last minute room as a place to stay and took my chances at the Sandwich Lodge. The front desk person couldn't have been nicer, I chose a pet friendly room to save a few bucks. The room was fine but cold (it was 20 degrees outside). I stopped at the office and told the clerk about the heat situation, we went back to the room together and agreed that if when I got back from dinner if the room was still cold she would move me. After a terrific dinner at the BBC (where they gave me $10 off after showing my room key) I went back to the Lodge and the room was toasty. My only complaint was that the room was too big and the TV seemed so far away. Bathroom was newly renovated and very impressive. I had breakfast plans otherwise I would have gladly stayed for some freebies.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Sue N
Rita P, Manager at Sandwich Lodge & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for your review. We hope to offer our hospitality to you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

My husband and I travel to Sandwich often, as he is an avid striper fisherman who loves to fish the Cape Cod Canal. We typically have camped in the area in the past, but this spring we had a baby and needed a more comfortable pet friendly place to stay, close to the canal. This place fit the bill. It was definitely nothing fancy, and the rooms could certainly use an update, but it was clean and comfortable. The rates were very reasonable too. The check in was smooth and the staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The location can't be beat- we were so close to the Canal and had easy access to everywhere we wanted to be. We would return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have NEVER experienced such horrible & rude customer service. Be aware of any policies written or made up on the spot at their convenience because apparently they change according to what they feel like. They have rooms that allow smoking surrounding the indoor pool area which is humid (as to be expected) so the disgusting smoke smell just lingers heavy in the air surrounding the kids playing in the pool. There were bugs in our bathroom (it's December, not bug season) but most upsetting was the managers response when there was a problem. We were yelled at, told to go somewhere else if we weren't happy, they made up policies that were never posted anywhere, asked for more money yet provided nothing additional. Not to mention the old lifeless decor. If your going to deliver sub par accommodations at least treat your customers with a little bit of respect! Do not stay here, save your money for a place that cares about their customers!

• Stayed: December 2013
9  Thank Eastsidemama3
Rita P, Manager at Sandwich Lodge & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Thank you for your review and for posting as you said you were going too. I would check in future on what hotel policies are before staying at any lodging facility. The issues that you had were money related to paying for the 2 night of your stay and exceptions were made for you. The smoke and bug issues were not mentioned to me at time of our discussion.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is where I chose to stay on my first visit to Cape Cod because of it's location. It was charming and adequate for what I needed. Choosing a room with the lowest rate, I did get a room on the first floor that opened to the parking lot. Since they allow pets in those particular rooms, there were guests next door to me with barking dogs but it really didn't bother me. This was a perfect location to see the sights in this area of the Cape that I wanted to see. The free continental breakfast was perfect to grab some fruit to go so I could hit the road early the next morning. If I ever have the opportunity to visit the area again, I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AnniversaryCruizer
Rita P, Manager at Sandwich Lodge & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you picked our Hotel for visiting Cape Cod. We hope you will return soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stay there every time that we go to the Cape. The staff is wonderful. Rooms are nice. We feel it's our home away from home. Their continental breakfast has many selection that you'd find in your own home. We have family on the Cape and this resort let's us invite them to visit and use their facilities. So many restaurants to choose from. Shopping is great!

Room Tip: We enjoy the pool side when we go off season. The other favorite of ours is the rooms with the jaqu...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bonnie D

Thank you for your review. We enjoy seeing you too! Hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I took my MIL down to Sagamore to visit my Son and his Family. We stayed at the Lodge and were very impressed. It looks a little run-down on the outside, and the rug is a bit nasty with age and use but those are the ONLY complaints. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. While the bedspreads, are a little old they ARE clean and so are the sheets. and the beds are very comfortable. You can see that updates are being made, and it may be a slow process, but we look forward to returning to this site. In comparison, I recently stayed at 'fancier' Hotel, everything was top notch, state of the art.... yet the service was sorely lacking, and the cleanliness was appalling..... so if you don't mind old and used but very clean, (except the rug) then save your money and visit this little gem.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
SandwichLodge, Manager at Sandwich Lodge & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for review. We look forward to seeing you soon. We have just selected new carpets to be installed early spring.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was the group leader for 50 people that stayed there in October. Many were hesitant about the place because of some reviews, but I know you couldn't please some people, even if you put the in the best hotel in the world. My group was pleasantly surprised, the rooms were clean and cleaned every day. The continental breakfast was very good and plentiful and open as early as 6:00 AM. I had a large cooler that I kept on the bus with water, sodas, etc. and the night clerk (Sarah) filled large bags of ice for me and put them in a freezer so I could get them in the morning without tying up the ice machines.
Some people couldn't climb steps, so we let them know in advance and they made sure all of them were on the first floor.
We checked out a couple hours before our scheduled departure and they brought their staff in to make sure all of the bags were taken to the bus and loaded. I wish every place that we have stayed had been this accommodating and as friendly as these people.
We've taken lot's of trips and I'll answer this question "Would I stay there again? " The answer is 50 times yes.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jim F

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandwich
Bayside Resort Hotel
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Sandwich Inn & Suites
Sandwich Inn & Suites
#1 of 6 in Sandwich

Been to Sandwich Lodge & Resort? Share your experiences!