“This was a great place, fabulous wedding planner!!!”

Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Sandwich B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 27, 2009

we stayed at the DWI for a family wedding weekend..all functions from friday dinner to sat wedding etc were held there...the Inn was spotless, the food wonderful and the atmosphere friendly and helpful..we stayed in one of the jacuzzii suites, which was absolutely luxury.
Bethany, the function coordinator could not have been more helpful...she even transformed a mis-bought engagement card into a wedding card!!! the stay and the wedding were totally memorabble as was the staff...we strongly recommend this inn as a luxury getaway for any reason!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed February 26, 2009

We stayed in the Jarvis suite for our anniversary. The room was fantastic, very romantic, with everything you could want. We dined at the Inns dining room, and I am sad to report the food, although not bad, wasn’t too great. The bread rolls came out hot but stale, like they were sitting out for a while then micro waved. The vegetable serving for my filet mignon was disturbing. Multi-colored cauliflower, not very appetizing. The surf and turf, while the steak was large, the crab was a piece of leg about an inch long. In my opinion it was not worth the 34 dollar price tag per entrée. Very substandard. My only advice is to eat someplace else.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2009

We wanted to spend a "night away" while the kids were occupied. Our stay at the Daniel Webster more than fit the need. The comfortable, relaxing ambiance as well as the friendly, helpful staff kept us comfortable and relaxed. The room was beautiful and comfortable. I would do this again in a minute! I only regret I didn't have time to visit the spa.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2009

I don't know who these people are that rated this inn so highly, but our party had a horrible experience. I was at the inn for a wedding, friday and saturday night. We prepaid the first night with a visa card, and upon checking in, we told reception that we would pay for the second night with cash. She said it was ok, but would need to leave a credit card in case we ran up the phone or had room service. We left a mastercard as collateral for the second night and paid cash upon checkout. Guess what? They charged the mastercard when i checked my credit card bill online. I called them and they swore up and down they didn't charge my card, even though my computer screen showed they did. They were supposed to call me back, and still have not, 4 days later. I had to call my bank and file a dispute. A pain in the butt. My brother paid the extra money for a "fireplace"room. When they checked in, there were two "sternos" in the fireplace. Yes, sternos the things u use to heat up trays of food. The showers gave about 1 minute of hot water and then went cold, both days even though we notified them immediately. Reception told us that this inn burned down in the 70's. Seems they rebuilt with spit and glue. Be careful when booking this place.

Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank kennyuncle
Reviewed February 3, 2009

My daughter and I needed a relaxing time together. I had sprained my foot and needed someplace to relax and she needed a quiet time. Everything we needed was there for us. The Spa was excellent. We had a massage,a pedicure and manicure and a wonderful facial. We came home saying it was the best long weekend we have had. Our thanks to all the employees.
Louise McEvoy and Mary Devereaux

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed February 3, 2009

This is a cozy and secluded Inn with all the luxury you could want.
The reception area is warm and inviting and the gift shop is above par. We chose the Tavern for dining because both Dining room and Tavern menus are orderable. The soup sampler appertizer is the best choice, three cups of different soups to try
with crostini. We had champagne and chocolates waiting for us in the room . The staff was more than accommodating in our requests . Over all the weekend was special and the Dan'l Webster Inn made it even more perfect.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 27, 2009

We stayed in a Jarves suite and the room was just about perfect. Very large and well appointed. I liked the Jacuzzi with overhead windows and a glass wall between it and the bed. very comfortable king bed and linens, nice large bath with heated tiles. Shower could use more jets. No in room refirg which seemed odd. Quiet and sunny from the windows and the door to the tiny balcony.
Staff very accomodating and gracious. I had asked for a King bed and when checking on this a few weeks ago was told it was not available. Later in the day they called me back to say they were able to make this happen. I appreciated this.
Food was good, but pricy. Spa was super - best massage my husband and I have ever had! The grounds look like they would be lovely in the summer and spring.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandwich
Bayside Resort Hotel
Belfry Inn and Bistro
#4 of 7 in Sandwich
Isaiah Jones Homestead Bed & Breakfast
Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Been to Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!