“Anniversary Celebration”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Randolph, Massachusetts
“Anniversary Celebration”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I spent our anniversary here and though it was overnight only, the food and comfort of the room was fabulous. We love eating here, the menu is well crafted and the food is delicious. Would love to try everything on the menu. Also love the new demi portions, allows for appetizer and dessert now.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ellowe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Norwood
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Had visited the Dan'l Webster Inn years and years ago with very few memories left in my brain of that visit and since I had to be on the Cape, I figured I'd go back. I am soooo glad I did, it was a wonderful treat from the ease of checking in ( I hadn't pre-registered) to the room, the meals. etc.

We started out in the Tavern with delicious mushrooms stuffed with crab meat as part of their "Appy Hour". For dinner we were pampered in the Clerestory Dining Room where the wait staff were all outstanding. I tried the soup sampler and it all was good but the broccoli soup was outstanding. The meal was only surpassed by the desserts. A choice of petite sweets topped off the evening. Wish more restaurants offered these demi/smaller sizes.

One thing to be aware of in the room is the bed. Not being the tallest person in the world it was a challenge even with the provided steps to reach the mattress. However, once there it was very comfortable!

We ended our sojurn by bringing folks back with us for their "Betwixt & Between" late lunch and hands down the 1/2 lobster salad sandwich with a cup of lobster chowder was the winner. No skimping on the lobster in either the sandwich or the chowder. The best!

I'm so glad I reacquainted myself with the Dan'l Webster Inn and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hightechgal
Nice, France
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We traveled with a friend and stayed for a night. We had both an outside room, our was called Nancy Fessenden Suite. Very quiet, very clean but a bit old fashion. The hotel is very well located and every interesting spot is at a walking distance. We spent the evening at the tavern because it was rainy outside. The Lager beer was excellent and the food delicious. The atmosphere was very friendly and pleasant. Breakfast in the morning: ask your eggs sunny side-up! Fantastic.

Room Tip: Just check the beds , our was small and old fashioned. they maybe have different kind I suppose.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Charlestown
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I recently hosted a bridal shower for 40. The Music Room was charming and plenty roomy for everyone to get around. The brunch was not and plentiful, with the seafood crepes being my favorite; the French toast with banana Foster were a close second. The serving staff were so pleasant, helpful, and most attentive. I will most certainly consider hosting future functions at Dan'l Webster.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kati M
Surfside, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The entire night from start to finish was perfect! We had a rehearsal dinner for 21 and it was a memorable evening from start to finish. Personalized menus awaited us when we arrived, the service was spot on and the staff timing of drinks, appetizers, dinner,and dessert was impeccable! The family has a large dinner every October and we have never, ever been disappointed. The planning and execution was professional and very friendly. Thanks, Bethany!

Room Tip: Did not stay at the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
KimSt, Executive Assistant at Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Mike C ~

Oh how we love to hear how happy our Guests were! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

I have passed your comments to our staff and management and Bethany says "You're welcome! It was a pleasure working with your group!"

Hopefully we will see you again before next October but if not, we look forward to serving your family again in 2014! Be sure to ask for me; I'd love to welcome you back in person!

Diemen, Nederland
Reviewed October 29, 2013

It seemed like we got the worst room of the place. Right next to reception, and our window was next to the outside entrance. Maybe it was because we only stayed for one night?
The whole place smelled like vegetable soup, reminded me of a retirement home.
The room itself was nice, but the beds were a little firm in my opinion. No fridge.
Our upstairs neighbours seemed to be prepairing for the marathon, at least that's what it sounded like.
Breakfast wasn't included, we got a $15 coupon in stead. We didn't have an extensive meal (2 coffee, 1 juice, 1 smoothie with icecubes in it and rather tasteless, 2 fried eggs) but had to pay another $20.
All together we thought the place was really overpriced.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mona R ~
We are disheartened to see you did not enjoy your stay with us and I certainly do apologize.

All of our rooms do come with a $15 breakfast voucher; not necessarily a complementary breakfast but an allowance towards breakfast. We are sorry that you did not find that sufficient.

As far as the noise levels in your room, did you inquire about moving to another room or notify the front desk of the noise, we would have looked into moving your room or seen what we could have done about the problems with the noise.

Should you like to discuss your stay with me further, please call me on our toll-free number 800-444-3566.

And again, my sincerest apologies that you found your stay less than enjoyable.

North Westchester, Connecticut
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We could not wait for the next meal. We are from NY and have eaten in so many fine restaurants and without a doubt the restaurant at Daniel Webster is one of the best. The menu selections are vast, from steak tare tare to pad thai, all the while cooked to perfection. This chef respects every aspect of the ingredients he uses. This pertains to breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hats off to this chef from foodies in Westchester. You made our anniversary weekend that much more special.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Gaetanomommy ~

Happy Anniversary!! We always feel honored to hear about people sharing special occasions with us...

I have passed your comments on to the Executive Chef and he thanks you ~ not only for your praising of the food but for the fact that you recognized the quality of the ingredients he uses. You have no idea how many times I have seen him refuse orders because the quality of the product from a vendor was not to his expectations.

Thank you again for the kind words!

Gary Cremeans
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandwich
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
Winstead Inn and Beach Resort
Winstead Inn and Beach Resort
#1 of 8 in Harwich Port

Been to Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!