“Relaxing stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Sandwich B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Relaxing stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

My spouse and I booked a spur of the moment romance package for one night during the week. The package included vouchers for dinner and breakfast. The dinner was amazing and very romantic in the conservatory dining room. I had the watermelon and arugula salad and lobster in butter sauce, my husband had the prime rib. Dinner was excellent. We had breakfast in the music room which was a bit stuffy for my taste but was an amazing breakfast none the less... Try the french toast with bananas foster. The room was very clean and had the exact atmosphere we were looking for. The bed was so comfortable. The only thing that annoyed me was the two gift shop employees who couldn't have been bothered to acknowledge us or even look in our direction when we were searching for a gift for our 4 year old. Oh well, we walked out and went to a gift shop down the road. We will definitely be staying here again!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
New Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Not knowing what to expect, I was very pleased with the atmosphere and staff. For the history of this Inn, one would be very surprised of the modernization on the building. The staff was extremely pleasant and made me feel as if I was the only one there. Would highly recommend The Inn. The food was also very good as well

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris3881
West Tisbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

My mother had cataract surgery in Sandwich and we needed a place to stay so she could have a check-up the next morning. The Daniel Webster Inn was not only conveniently close-by, but a very quiet and relaxing place to be for my mom to rest - especially given the bitter cold during those two days. Our room was very nice - clean, good light, comfy beds, great shower. We had a late lunch in the Tavern which was quite good, though the menu was not amenable to someone on a cardiac diet. Also, our waitress didn't seem to care much that we were there (maybe a bad day). We had dinner in the dining room (the Conservatory was closed due to the extreme cold) and had excellent service and a delicious meal. Again, the menu was limited for a cardiac diet. We also had breakfast in the dining room, with excellent food and service. It was great to be able to have wonderful meals without having to brave the bitter cold and wind to find dining elsewhere. Overall, the staff was friendly and helpful. The Inn provided just what we needed - a room that was not only convenient, but also pleasant and restful. I look forward to staying another time when I can take advantage of perusing the lovely town of Sandwich.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Eastham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Inn is exceptionally pretty and very historical. Although it was quite busy when we were there we never felt rushed and never had to wait. The staff is very friendly. We live on the Cape and often bring friends there when they visit. We chose to spend a night to celebrate our anniversary and we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Norton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Friends and I decided to ring in the new year at the Dan'l Webster Inn on Cape Cod. I have been visiting the Inn for many years and enjoy the real New England ambience. My room was pretty and well-stocked, although not especially large. (There are some elegant suites available for special occasions!) Whenever I visit the Dan'l Webster, I get a feeling of serenity. My farorite dining room is the lovely conservatory, with views of pretty landscaping outside. Breakfast in the conservatory is enhanced by the morning sun streaming in. There is also a cozy pub. Another favorite spot is the small, but fun, gift shop. My reason for the "very good" rating is that on more than one occasion, the front desk staff, while polite and helpful, seem overwhelmed if several people are checking out at the same time (say, 11:00 a.m. - official checkout time.) An extra staff person would make checking in/out a smoother operation. Although I didn't use the Beach Plum Spa on this visit, I've had wonderful massages there in the past. The Inn is a very short walk to some shops in downtown Sandwich.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Lynn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I have stayed twice now once in November 2012 and again in January 2013 we stayed only one night each time and found it lovely,clean and quiet it offers a first class resturant so you don't have to leave once you get there which makes for a nice getaway when you don't have a lot of time we left both times relaxed like we had a longer vacation. We liked the organic options on the dining menu. My husband loves duck and was able to order two different duck dishes on the two nights we ate in the dining room. We found the staff friendly and accomodating my husband likes that they make dinner reservations for you,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We're here for the second time in the past six weeks. Just love to relax here and soak in the jacuzzi in the room. The restaurant is first class. It is so comfortable here, we get recharged and rejuvenated. We haven't tried the spa services yet, maybe next stay.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank I'm from Lynn, what can I say?
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandwich
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Winstead Inn and Beach Resort
Winstead Inn and Beach Resort
#1 of 8 in Harwich Port
Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Been to Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!