“convenient and relaxing”

Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Sandwich B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My mother had cataract surgery in Sandwich and we needed a place to stay so she could have a check-up the next morning. The Daniel Webster Inn was not only conveniently close-by, but a very quiet and relaxing place to be for my mom to rest - especially given the bitter cold during those two days. Our room was very nice - clean, good light, comfy beds, great shower. We had a late lunch in the Tavern which was quite good, though the menu was not amenable to someone on a cardiac diet. Also, our waitress didn't seem to care much that we were there (maybe a bad day). We had dinner in the dining room (the Conservatory was closed due to the extreme cold) and had excellent service and a delicious meal. Again, the menu was limited for a cardiac diet. We also had breakfast in the dining room, with excellent food and service. It was great to be able to have wonderful meals without having to brave the bitter cold and wind to find dining elsewhere. Overall, the staff was friendly and helpful. The Inn provided just what we needed - a room that was not only convenient, but also pleasant and restful. I look forward to staying another time when I can take advantage of perusing the lovely town of Sandwich.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Inn is exceptionally pretty and very historical. Although it was quite busy when we were there we never felt rushed and never had to wait. The staff is very friendly. We live on the Cape and often bring friends there when they visit. We chose to spend a night to celebrate our anniversary and we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Friends and I decided to ring in the new year at the Dan'l Webster Inn on Cape Cod. I have been visiting the Inn for many years and enjoy the real New England ambience. My room was pretty and well-stocked, although not especially large. (There are some elegant suites available for special occasions!) Whenever I visit the Dan'l Webster, I get a feeling of serenity. My farorite dining room is the lovely conservatory, with views of pretty landscaping outside. Breakfast in the conservatory is enhanced by the morning sun streaming in. There is also a cozy pub. Another favorite spot is the small, but fun, gift shop. My reason for the "very good" rating is that on more than one occasion, the front desk staff, while polite and helpful, seem overwhelmed if several people are checking out at the same time (say, 11:00 a.m. - official checkout time.) An extra staff person would make checking in/out a smoother operation. Although I didn't use the Beach Plum Spa on this visit, I've had wonderful massages there in the past. The Inn is a very short walk to some shops in downtown Sandwich.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I have stayed twice now once in November 2012 and again in January 2013 we stayed only one night each time and found it lovely,clean and quiet it offers a first class resturant so you don't have to leave once you get there which makes for a nice getaway when you don't have a lot of time we left both times relaxed like we had a longer vacation. We liked the organic options on the dining menu. My husband loves duck and was able to order two different duck dishes on the two nights we ate in the dining room. We found the staff friendly and accomodating my husband likes that they make dinner reservations for you,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We're here for the second time in the past six weeks. Just love to relax here and soak in the jacuzzi in the room. The restaurant is first class. It is so comfortable here, we get recharged and rejuvenated. We haven't tried the spa services yet, maybe next stay.

• Stayed: January 2013
Thank I'm from Lynn, what can I say?
Reviewed January 5, 2013

What can I say about this hotel. From the time we walked through the main doors the staff couldnt have been nicer. We were welcomed in such a warm way that the drive from Boston airport was put right behind us. There was free tea, coffee and biscuits so fresh they were still warm every afternoon. The staff all knew their way around and were very free to give advice and tips on where to go and what to do.

The room was great, the pool was nice and clean and welcoming and the food, both breakfasts and dinners, were exceptional. Even the other guest were a delight to be around and we spent several eneings in the bar with some of them swapping stories.

All in all, a great place to be based from. If you need somewhere in New England to base your travels around then you can do a lot worse than this Hotel, but not a lot better.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I recently had the most wonderful 3 day honeymoon at the Dan'l Webster Inn! I had mentioned that it was our honeymoon when we made reservations, and WOW!...we were treated like royalty! We enjoyed the luxury of a Jarvis suite, complete with fireplace, jetted tub, and king bed, and my wife still talks about the heated tiles! From the time we arrived we were made to feel special, with dinner reservations made, champagne in the room, and seemingly the entire staff going out of their way for us. We ate breakfast and dinner in their dining rooms, and were delighted with the food and the entire experiance. We will definitely be back many times in the future, and plan on returning each year for our anniversary!

Room Tip: The Jarvis suites are amazing!