“An excellent Anniversary getaway!”

Belfry Inn and Bistro
Ranked #4 of 7 Sandwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The only reason I am not giving 5 stars is that Housekeeping seems to have missed our room one day and it did not get cleaned that day. However, we are repeat customers and the room was comfortable and excellent for the two of us to spend time together. I can chalk that one mistake up to human error. We will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Seth Room which I cannot recommend. It is a beautiful room located on the ground f...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I and friends have enjoyed the fine dining at Belfry for quite a few years. Our experience last weekend was a profound disappointment. ???? New chef maybe? Service was the usual very good..menu disappointing. Husband ordered clam chowder....was served out of pitcher into bowl...tiny amount..unusual and not especially good. My salad was flavorless. Entrees were limited and not up to accustomed standards. We were very disappointed...Will have to check carefully before we return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynne B
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I had read about this place about a year ago. We finally made it back to the Cape Cod area in October and this place was our first stop. We had a wonderful dinner. We sat by the fireplace, so it was quite cozy and romantic. The food was amazing and fresh. We did not stay here, but next time we are in Cape Cod, we will certainly book.

Room Tip: Even if you are not staying at this property, you must make it here for dinner.
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and I were made to feel very welcomed the minute we walked through the Belfry door. Very personal service. Our room was lovely with a very cozy and comfortable bed. We had a fireplace and a Jacuzzi to add to our experience. In the morning, we were warmly greeted by Lynn at breakfast. Breakfast is provided and the selections are varied and delicious. The Belfry, a former Catholic Church, has been remodeled as a restaurant with six suites for guests. It has been remodeled using many of the salvaged pieces of the church; i.e., the pews are now headboards for some beds. The stained glass windows have been used to accent the rooms. The Tuesday Room is especially beautiful. My husband enjoyed speaking with the owner about the engineering of the project.
We also dined two nights in the restaurant. Service was excellent and the service unhurried. We lingered over cocktails, watch out for their Cosmos, and appetizers. My husband and I both agree that dinner, filet mignon and short ribs, was one of the top three we have experienced.
We enjoyed our stay and will certainly return.

Room Tip: Look at the website for the Belfry. Choose a room that suits your personality. Each room is unique...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was so excited to stay in the "Tuesday" Room at The Belfry for my birthday in late November over Thanksgiving weekend. Everything about the inn was amazing, including the comfortable bed, the cozy fireplace, and the amazing bathtub (which even has colorful lights)! My fiancee and I were impressed by the generous breakfast selections included in the room rate, with something for everyone (french toast, waffles, omelets, scrambles, oatmeal, etc.). We also dined at the restaurant for my birthday dinner which was also so tasty. Highly recommended! A stay here is worth your money, I never wanted to leave!

Room Tip: The Tuesday Room is stunning!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The Belfrey Inne has 3 main buildings and we stayed for two nights in the Painted Lady building, which was beautiful, clean and had an in room jacuzzi which was excellent (though note, due to the fact you had to clamber in, the jacuzzi was probably not suitable for travellers in their older years). The staff we met when we arrived were very friendly and helpful. We ate both nights in the restaurant (in the main building which used to be a Catholic Church and which still has stained glass windows), and the food was of very good quality. First night, I had cod in Cape Cod - and second night I had a sandwich in Sandwich! Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at the Belfrey on 24/10 and 25/10 - the stay was absolutely faultness with the staff/room/food all of a high quality - we had breakfast both days and ate there on the first night - all meals were first class and when we drank in the bar on our second night the restaurant was full which in these austere times tells you something about the appeal of the Belfrey
When checking out I used the wrong Credit Card and when I went back to change the details I was told that it could be done but that the card companies would 2charge" which meant that it was not worthwhile - when I arrived home the Belfrey had credited the "charge" to my credit card - very impressive service - if you are visiting this part of America then book the Belfrey as you will not be disappointed

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandwich
John Carver Inn & Spa
Sandwich Inn & Suites
Sandwich Inn & Suites
#1 of 6 in Sandwich
Isaiah Jones Homestead Bed & Breakfast

Been to Belfry Inn and Bistro? Share your experiences!