“Best Mojitos around!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2008

I am from Connecticut and make it a ritual to visit Cape Cod at least 4 times a year. My husband and I have stayed in the Hyannis area but in the last two years we became familiiar with Sandwich, Cape Cod. What a wonderful place. Truly quiet and just beautiful. We have been to Hemisphere several times and within the last year it is very, very good! The food is outstanding, the views are exceptional and they make the best authentic Mojitos I ever had. Whenever I am at the Cape either with my husband or friends, we always make it a point to go there and get Mojitos. Truly outstanding! Everyone of my friends has the same thoughts on the place. The location completes everything!

Reviewed September 9, 2007

When I travel to the Cape I like to dine as often as possible with an ocean view. Since Hemisphere is so close to the Sagamore Bridge, my husband and I like to stop in on our way on Cape and again before we leave the Cape.

The view from wherever you're sitting is like you're on a cruise ship, up high enough to overlook Cape Cod Bay from Plymouth to Provincetown with the Cape Cod Canal and lots of colorful seafaring vessels thrown in. Spectacular!

Most recently I tried a cup of Clam Chowder and had the Mussels Dijon (which was huge) and both were delicious. The chowder was flavorful and satisfying, the mussels fresh and tender. Make sure you have plenty of bread for dipping into the extremely tasty dijon sauce!

My husband enjoyed the perfectly prepared Caesar Salad and a mouthwatering NY Sirlion which I also tried and loved.

Past favorites of ours have included the crisp Fried Shrimp and Fried Clams as well as the Penne Bolognese.

The staff is all very friendly and mood is always upbeat. Hemisphere is a bit louder and more lively than some restaurants, but that's because everyone's having such a good time.

I would not vist the Cape without stopping in for food and drinks at Hemisphere.

Reviewed August 14, 2007

I live in Sandwich and my husband (who is a chef) and I have been to Hemisphere's quite a few times hoping their food would improve since the last owners. The atmosphere is truly Cape Cod and the view is spectacular but the food is not worth what you pay and does not represent Cape Cod food. Yeah, they have the basic seafood dishes, but it is not a good representation for tourists who want to taste the true Cape Cod flavor. If you just want a drink, appetizers and drinks on the balcony overlooking the opening of the canal - this IS the place. But for lunch or dinner, go elsewhere if you want really good food that is not overpriced. Not saying it's bad, but drink, appetizer (overpriced), view - that's it.

1  Thank Jflower
Reviewed August 9, 2007

While on vacation we decided to have dinner at Hemisphere. They were on a wait so we enjoyed our cocktails in the lounge (in front of a huge flat screen TV). The wait was shorter than expected, and we we given a seat by the window, just in time to watch the sun set. The drinks were excellent! The food arrived promptly and the portions were huge! The food was mouthwatering good! The service was fast and friendly and wer had a great time! It did get a bit loud towards the end of our meal, but that is the only negative thing I have to say. We will be back on our next Cape Cod trip!

Reviewed August 6, 2007

For the longest time I felt like I was trapped in a Seinfeld episode “When are you going to come see the baby” but instead it was my Cape Cod aficionados saying “When are you going to come to Hemisphere with us?” Being a cynical person I took my time and was expecting to be disappointed by the hype. Well, not the case!

I can’t remember the last time I used the word “golly” but I think I was saying it over and over again at Hemisphere. Before you even walk in the door the view of Cape Cod Bay and the Canal is simply breathtaking. Once you get inside you have a panoramic view of ocean and sky that just says summer, summer, summer! We had a seat in the lounge area first so I could catch up on the baseball game in front of the large screen TV. We were immediately met by an outgoing server who recommended the steamers they receive fresh a local fisherman daily. Those along with my raspberry Mojito made a perfect summer day a little more perfect.

After watching the Sox game we moved to a table and ordered dinner. We watched the sun set over the ocean in awe as we drooled over the menu. I had an amazing salad with shallots and pistachios to start, an amazing cup of carrot ginger soup (my friends loved the chowder), and we shared a calamari appetizer that we loved.

Thanks to the helpfulness of our server we each got an amazing entrées that we tasted from each other. Everything was so great that I’m sad I had to say no to dessert.

As we were leaving we could see the bar was getting lively but it had been a long day and I needed to retire for the night. I fully intend to come back and to join my friends in saying, “when are you going to go to Hemisphere!” It was an A+ experience! Thanks to them for a great meal, great view, and great time.