“Charming, family-run Motel”

Country Acres Motel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Sandwich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were in town for a Soccer Tournament and most of the hotels in the Hyannis-Barnstable area were booked. We decided to stay here based on the Trip advisor reviews. We were very happy with this motel. The room had been renovated and was quite large for 4 people. There was a small refrigerator, a microwave, and a flat screen television. Wi-Fi was included in the room. They had a lobby with muffins, juice and coffee in the morning. A nice touch. The family who owns the motel is very friendly and helpful. The only negative about the room was a strong orange-scented air freshener smell that lingered in the room. The price was reasonable, too. It is nice to still see an old world family-operated motel that is clean, charming and in good working order. Give this place a try if you are in the Sandwich area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank flounderRhodeIsland

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My family and I found this motel after our bicycling at Falmouth-Shining Sea Trail, and after biking at the Canal trails!. We find the motel accommodations very nice and very clean. There are 3 of us of us this time, the room was spacious, the digital tv and refrigerator was a nice touch! The two double beds was very comfortable and we had a very restful sleep.For an overnight stop/sleep,
we could not ask for a better place.The continental breakfast was just right, the coffee and muffins was very good! We feel that the location of the motel is right for us and the security for our bicycles on the car is safe. We would stay here again, on the next bicycling trip at the Cape!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Felixberto E
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We wanted somewhere to break our journey and chose this motel. The only draw back for me was there was no bath just a shower. It was a good size room, with table and chairs. The décor may be dated but the room was clean and comfortable. We didn't try the outdoor pool but it was heated. The breakfast was basic but as it was included it was a bonus and the rooms had free Wi-Fi but it was a little slow.
Sandwich was well worth a visit, especially the Heritage Museum.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph05
Reviewed September 22, 2013

When you turn into Country Acres Motel it is like returning to a favorite place of your childhood. I always expect to hear Patti Page singing "Old Cape Cod". My husband and I spent most Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings this summer from Memorial Day through mid-September at the Country Acres Motel. Initially it was because the the price was right and it was near where our summer home was being renovated, but it turned out to be so much more.

We stayed in a variety of their large or extra large comfortable and clean rooms; each equipped with a microwave and refridgerator. Coffee/tea/orange juice and muffins are served every morning beginning at 7 a.m. which adds to the relaxing atmosphere of not having to worry about where to rush off to for breakfast. WiFi is available throughout the property and a computer is available for guests to use in the pleasant office sitting area.

There are multiple ways to enjoy the outdoors starting with a huge manicured lawn where one can be outside to read, have a conversation or use a computer. Sun or shade, you can pick. A gazebo with table and chairs is also available, as is a gas grill for guest use. Also, two chairs and a table are available outside every room.For those who like to swim, an outdoor pool and sitting area is located in a private area an the property.

Country Acres Motel is a family owned business. Hosts Jeff and Becky are wonderful; friendly, approachable, hospitable and professional - even when their dinner is disturbed, you have locked yourself out of your room, you need some first aid, your cable TV is not working at 9:45 p.m. or you would like to borrow a DVD player!

Sandwich is a beautiful town and community, whay not explore it while staying at the Country Acres Motel? You can have a fantastic Cape Cod experience and you don't have to leave your Kindle or computer home.

Room Tip: Every room throught the summer we had was great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Linda R
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was such a special place - so beautiful, quiet and spacious. It was a real home away from home. It was a place where you could really relax. You don't find many unique properties like this anymore in the cookie-cutter motel industry. The grounds were beautiful and the owners welcomed us like friends. It wasn't the fanciest hotel we stayed in on Cape Cod but was definitely our favorite. I can see why people come back here year after year!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann E
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Sandwich. The rooms are clean and comfortable and in a quiet area. There is coffee, juice and muffins in the morning and a pool and/or gazebo to relax by. It is close to everything and best yet the price is reasonable. My family stays here whenever we go to the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My fiancé and I traveled to Sandwich MA in August for a wedding. I had never been before (to Sandwich or Cape Cod) and didn't realize so much of it is B&Bs and motels (if not all of it)! I have to be honest and say I have never stayed in a motel before - I usually have bad impressions of them. And I have to say, the Country Acres Motel was exactly what my fiancé and I needed!

We arrived on a Friday before check in and the owner Becky was extremely friendly and polite and we actually were able to be let in early! She gave us information on the motel and even the surrounding area as we were newbies to the whole Cape Cod scene.

The motel has a light continental breakfast in the lobby (we never went to it and I don't remember what she said was included - I think pastries and coffee/juice) and it also has a pool. We didn't use the pool at all but it appeared to be in good condition.

The room we stayed in was very clean and had no odd odors. Once again, as I was unfamiliar with Cape Cod, I thought it was a tad small. But then as we were touring the area, we realized that the "Cape Cod Cottage" is extremely popular - and they are very small! So after knowing that, it made sense that our room wasn't the largest. It was good though - the bed was comfortable, they had a mini fridge, AC units, nice flat screen TV, an iron. The only negatives I would say would be bathroom related. Ladies - the shower is SMALL. There is no way you could shave your legs in it - you had to stand outside the shower and put a leg in. Also the towels were tiny - my fiancé and I are pretty tall and didn't cover up much of our bodies. We made due with the ones we had in the room, although I am sure they would have provided us extra had we asked.

The rates were very fair and all in all it was a great experience. If we are ever in Cape Cod again, or at least the Sandwich area of Cape Cod, we will definitely be coming back to stay at the Country Acres Motel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kaitw22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandwich
Spring Garden Inn Motel
#1 of 6 in Sandwich
Earl of Sandwich Motel
Earl of Sandwich Motel
#1 of 3 in East Sandwich

Been to Country Acres Motel? Share your experiences!