“What a shame”

Joe's Lobster Mart
Sandwich
“What a shame”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I'd been going to Joe's Lobster Mart since forever. I always got fresh, good tasting seafood. The steamers were the best around. Unfortunately because of the unscrupulous activities of the owner I will no longer be going to Joe's. What a shame! Hopefully someone will buy this fish market and run it professionally and honestly. What a great location, too bad the owner felt the need to cheat the public that had supported his business for years. I would suggest that anyone that reads this review boycott this business. If you're not familiar with what's going on, google the business name or the owner Joseph Vaudo.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank John H

“It stinks!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

When entering the fish market, the first thing I notice is the smell. Not much seems to be fresh or clean. I left.
Now reading the local newspapers, I see that the owner has pleaded guilty to buying illegal shellfish. It looks like he will be out of business soon.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Fred H
“Hardest thing is what to take home...”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

First time visiting. Went for a few lobsters
Couldn't decide once i saw all the delicious options...so i ended up taking home the palm sized scallops, 3 lobsters, lobster bisque, oysters, steamers, and some cod fillets.
It turned into a 2 day seafood feast at my home :)

Boston
“We used to shop here”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This used to be our go-to place for our last-night-of-vacation lobster boil at home, a quick bike ride from the place we rent in the Town Neck area. However, after reading local news reports about goings-on here, we will not be back unless the ownership changes here, and we will be asking a lot more questions about the provenance of our food wherever we shop. (I'm now a bit grossed out that the employees never had an informative answer for me when I would ask them where and when the lobsters were caught. At the time, I had chalked it up to teenage apathy.)

Visited September 2013
5 Thank BostonDiner
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“I am here every week”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is where locals get their seafood. It arrives fresh at the back door off of the boat, Joe's sits right on the Canal. Fresh food with great service.

Visited March 2014