“Cape Cod Visit”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

Stopped here with a group for lunch while visiting the Cape Cod Area. We were quickly helped through the line and the food came up rather fast. I enjoyed the baked Salmon. Plenty of seating for larger groups with plenty of easy parking for cars and several buses. Would stop here again.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 10, 2018

My wife and I ate here on a Sunday afternoon. We get to the Cape about once a year and we try not to leave before visiting Seafood Sam's. A couple of years ago, we visited the Cape in late November, and they were closed for the season.

You order and pay for your food at a counter. They call you to the pickup station when your order is ready. There is lots to choose from, and almost everything I have eaten there has been very good.

The person taking our order was very friendly and helpful. She told us what came with each menu item, and what substitutions/upcharges can be made. For instance, I wanted a fried whole clam platter, but I wanted to substitute onion rings for French fries. I did this by paying a small upcharge. Regular customers know the difference between whole clams and strip clams, the latter being less expensive. Whole clams are much tastier. Strip clams are what is sold in many restaurants outside of New England. Each type has their own devotees.

My wife ordered a regular-sized lobster roll. (They also have a large lobster roll for those with big appetites and wallets.) :) It was loaded with big chunks of lobster. Everything we ordered tasted great. The onion rings were top-notch, and made from scratch. (Most restaurants use frozen onion rings, which I personally do not care for.) My clams were very good: hot and crunchy. My dish came with cole slaw. I thought that the cole slaw was just OK; it was a bit dry and tasteless.

Most of the menu items were fried, but a few items are not.

Overall, we both left there full and satisfied, although it was probably one of the most expensive lunches we have ever eaten. I would not hesitate to go back again.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

Service could have been a bit more helpful and no substitutions is a bit stiff a rule. Otherwise, we were pleasantly surprised by how cute the inside was and our food was well prepared. We would go here again and love its locations near the canal!

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Found this gem while exploring Cape Cod. Great setting with friendly service! Fresh seafood and everything tasted great!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

This is a wonderful family restaurant near the Cape Cod Canal. We ordered the fish and chips dinner for 4 and it easily would feed 6. We brought the leftovers home for a second dinner. All the fried food was very well cooked and not greasy. Outside and inside seating is available . Your order your food, take a seat, self serve beverages and pick up your food when ready. Very casual and clean.