“It feels very Capey...decent fried seafood and chowder!”

Seafood Sam's On The Canal
Ranked #6 of 66 Restaurants in Sandwich
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had not been to this Sam's but over the years have hit the other location. This location is great, right near the entrance to the canal. Folks were friendly, food was solid, not too greasy and lots of choices for kids too.

I think this will be on our circuit next summer...

1  Thank Done_with_shoveling

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We go here every year as another of our annual summar vacation rights of passage. Tons of delicious fried seafood options. Probably should not go more than 3 times in one week to avert detioration of arteries, but for one week a year its probably okay. Lots of good choices for kids too. Thumbs up.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Casual, quick delicious "fast" food - very good for families as noise is no problem. The food is a little pricey for what you get but b/c it is situated right on the Cape Cod Canal, it is worth it.

It can get very busy with tour buses but the food is moved along quickly. It is an "order your own" and then pick up your meal to carry to your table.

1  Thank Underdogx7
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The steady stream of customers is proof that this SAMs is a favorite. The long lines move quickly and you may need the time to make a choice from the varied menu! Dining areas are clean and roomy but can be noisy and chaotic with the crowd. For varied atmosphere, try to get a seat on the deck, at the bar or at a picnic table in the nearby meadow. Seafood is always fresh and tasty. Check for specials. You may be luck enough to find swordfish or the best flounder I've ever had. After dozens of meals at Sandwich's SAMs over 20 years, I still look forward to next summer's visit.

1  Thank Lisa601
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was born and raised on Cape Cod so I guess you could say that I know my seafood. Although I am not a huge seafood fan myself there are certain items I have to have when I return home each summer. One of the items is a lunch on the deck at the Seafood Sams in Sandwich. Although there are a number of SAMs on the Cape this one is my favorite.

Not sure if it's the view of the canal , watching the working fishing boats coming in and out of the harbor or just the food itself but my summer is not complete with this trip. Some people
shy away from this place because there's more than one and they think it is a chain but don't be fooled, this is some of the best fried seafood on the Cape.

It is not fancy seafood and it's not a dinner by candlelight type place. Rather it's plastic plates, fish and chips in a basket type joint. It's a bit pricey for this type place and they are only open seasonally so check before you go but this is my pick for the summer. I like the clam chowder, the clam strips with plenty of tarter sauce and a stuffed quahog or two. You can check their menu and prices out on line at www.seafoodsams.com and they do have both indoor and outdoor seating.