“Pretty Good Lunch”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stopped in for lunch here and everything was acceptable. The location is a little strange, across the street from petroleum storage tanks. But the food is good and portions are more than ample. The line can get long when the busses come through, but the lines move at a pretty good pace and the kitchen works hard. Our food was ready in a reasonable time frame.

1  Thank wadleyfla

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had the fisherman's platter for two. It was more then we could eat.
The batter is light no burnt taste. The lines were long but the staff kept it
moving so the wait wasn't long. If you are near the Cape Cod Massachusetts
it is well worth the drive.

1  Thank Jedd1017
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We used to love going here. A few years ago we found this place and loved it. It was just plain seafood. The portions weren't the biggest, but the prices were right. Now, like ever where else, the prices have gone up and the size is the same or smaller. We went last week and wanted to sit outside but the few tables open were dirty and we ended hunting for one inside. I don't blame Sam's for the dirty table it's the customers that should know better and throw out the trash. As far as the food I had the Seafood Macaroni and cheese. It was alright, the plate was very large but shallow. I also ordered the Crabster Roll. Which is lobster meat and crab meat salad in a hot dog roll. Again pricey and nothing to make you go back for. The only thing I didn't really care for was the lady taking our order. She seemed like she was having a really bad day and just wanted to go home. Other than that Seafood Sams is okay, just nothing there anymore to make you want to take the drive to go there. So, Seafood Sam's....find your roots again and bring us back what you were. Oh, yes the view is great and out of this world, but it's not enough to make us have to go there.

1  Thank NewEnglandPhotoBug
Reviewed September 2, 2012

After beachcoming at Town Neck Beach and catching the sunset there, we were looking for a seafood meal before we left the Cape. Seafood Sams was in the area so we decided to give it a try. We were looking for a casual atmosphere and this was it. At 7:30 on a holiday weekend evening there was a line snaking around the lobby but it moved very quickly. The ordering and picking up process was orderly. They present you with small plastic lobsters which light up and buzz when your food is ready. Cute touch! Customers self-serve themselves to soft drinks and coffee, as well. I did see a small bar/lounge area with bartender service. As we approached our table of choice, a young man came over and said "let me wipe that down for you." There was actually a very small spill of ketchup on the table that we didn't even see, but he spent at least a minute or two wiping that table down thoroughly with what smelled like mild bleach. Impressive. Cleanliness is definitely a top priority throughout the restaurant, rest rooms included. My scallop roll was delicious. Just the right amount of nicely fried, non-greasy, sea scallops in a toasted roll. The French fries were equally as good. The tartar sauce was outstanding - tasted homemade! My daughter chose the lobster ravioli with Newburg sauce. There were six ravioli accompanied by rolls and butter and they were served on a plastic dinner plate. Perhaps this is why they were lukewarm. Neither the presentation nor the meal was worthy of the $14.99 price tag. I would give Seafood Sams another try on a summer day when we could enjoy the outside seaside environment - but would probably not venture to order anything more challenging than fried food or a salad or chowder.

1  Thank ILUVMYVOLVO
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have been regular customer's of Seafood Sam's-- the one in Sandwich is more appealing than Falmouth msotly because of the Canal.

Looking at the place it seems a touristy destination where you don't expect much-- but they really do deliver especially the lobster. Their lobster roll is relatively inexpensive as lobtster rolls go (you can get a regular or large)- and there is plenty of claw meat which is mor etender and you don't necessarily see a lot of.

Also there is relatively little mayo ro dressing-- they don't lsather the meat . The bun is nicely butter toasted.

I would also really recommend the lobster bisque-- it is in my view exactly right. it is not quite as thinck as a chowder (more watery than a cream soup) and the soup itself has lobster flavour-- it is not just lobster meat thrown into a cream soup. I particularly recommend it with a little cooking sherry which is not standard but you can ask for. I had always grown up with the idea of adding a little cooking sherry to bisque but it seems a number of new places are unfamiliar with the idea.

One other thing- if you like onion rings -- theirs are excellent. They are not the rings that are thickly coated/breaded but just dipped. They taste fresh and not oily. As a sucker for good onion rings I have to say this is a definite plus!

Its also great to walk along the canal after...

1  Thank bowdoinham