The Pilot House Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #14 of 66 Restaurants in Sandwich
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at this restaurant. It was overlooking the water, the food was delicious. The portions were good sized and the waitstaff friendly. The lobster was a bit pricy, though. Overall, I thought it was very good and I would definitely go again.

Reviewed September 6, 2009

Restaurant a bit of a throwback to the 50's. Not much of an atmosphere with view of a very boring harborfront. Food was mediocre at best, either too bland or too spicy. Avoid the vichysoisse (lumpy and overpowered with bacon of all things.) Next table to us had a major row with the waitress claiming one dish was fried and not advertised that way on the menu.

Reviewed September 1, 2009

For the price, I expected a much nicer atmosphere and better food. This place disappointed us.

Reviewed July 7, 2009

This will be my 10th year on the Cape, and always dine (several times each visit) at this friendly, cozy place. Great food; love the scrod! Great service! See you in September....

Reviewed June 8, 2009

The food here is really, really good. This was my second trip here and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The first time I got the lobster mashed potatoes, make sure you ask for them! The service was really slow, as we went in during the afternoon and no one was there. I think they were prepping for the night rush, but I would have appreciated a little more attention. Overall, I have enjoyed myself there both times I've been and would recommend this to anyone dining in the Sandwich area. The view of the canal is nice, except there is a smoke stack located very close to them (obviously out of their control). Besides that, looking over the canal before sunset is very nice.