“Canal Dinning”

The Pilot House Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #14 of 66 Restaurants in Sandwich
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The outdoor patio is very nice to sit out and have dinner watching the sunset and the inside porch seating is very roomy with nice views the last time we went my wife wanted a nice dinner so she had the veal chop and it was cooked perfectly I just wanted a sandwich and it was so large I took half of it home The only draw back is if you sit at the bar because you will wait way too long for service they really should have a service bartender for the dinning room and have one just talking car of the bar

There are newer reviews for The Pilot House Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

They could do so much better but seem stuck in an old fashioned vibe. As soon as I saw a lot of older people leaving I questioned my homework skills. Maybe it's busier in season, but not too many there, and there's really nothing worse than a big restaurant that is empty. At least the view of the harbor was decent. They really need to revamp and update both decor and food prep. The food was okay but in no way makes me remotely consider returning- just not worth it.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We picked this spot since it is newly opened under a different name. The outdoor patio is gorgeous, but we never made it there in the summer. It's at Sandwich Marina, and has the potential for such success, But alas, it failed tremendously.

We waited for at least 7 minutes to get our first greeting (water girl) and another 7 -8 min to see our server. She never said hello, just asked if :"anyone had taken our drink order ". WHen she brought our wine it was white zinfindel, NOT red!!!!

I like to think that for these prices($26/entree), I'm paying for heavy utensils(tinny), candles(kept running out of fuel), chairs(ordinary decor), tablecloths(none), and of course service; but none of those things were present. I never got a bowl for my messy mussel shells. The dinner salad was TINY!( smaller than a cereal bowl), and the server only gave us 3 yummy rolls and I wanted more!! (no dipping oil btw, just butter). Here's the worst part: the server NEVER CAME BACK TILL WE WERE COMPLETELY FINISHED WITH OUR MEAL! when she cleared the plates I asked for a box, and she never even apologized for NOT bringing the mussel bowl, or checking up on us. She did NOT even ask if we wanted dessert or another glass of wine. she wasn't embarrased... she didn't know we were upset. she was just ignorant of her job requirements.

we will never go back no matter how beautiful the outdoor cafe is!!!!!!

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

With a new name everything is pretty much the same except for the menu. The food is ok with a nice setting both inside and outside. The menu needs work.

1  Thank William4932
Reviewed October 18, 2013

all is well at the newly named Pilot House! Food foit for the Cape, and fit for your pallet! The previous owner was a wonderful man, but the place neede and got a total update of menu etc., and is now busy all of the time. A fav of locals and tourists, and we know, we go!!