“My favorite British Beer Company”

British Beer Company
Reserve with OpenTable
British Beer Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 66 Restaurants in Sandwich
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Your local British pub with an American address!
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We've been to the BBC in Walpole (too noisy), BBC in Natick/Framingham and the one in Hyannis. Sandwich is still our favorite BBC location. Today Rich was our bartender. Great sense of humor and encouraged us to try new beers. They have these miniature beer mugs so you can try beer before buying a big mug of it. Had my favorite lunch - baked brie in puffed pastry with sliced apples, apple chutney and 12 grain toast. My husband had the gourmet grilled sandwich which he also loved. If you go in at lunch there's a low cost luncheon menu - the woman next to us had soup and sandwich for $3.50. Can't beat that! The menu is so varied that there's something for everyone. I don't drink beer but there's everything else so it doesn't matter. My husband can hardly make up his mind since they probably have 100 beers to pick from!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The traffic on route 95 or route 3 was awful but you've made it to the Cape in time for a late dinner. Do you push on and try to cook something when you reach your destination or look for something quick, good and easy? With a place like the British Beer Company Restaurant available in Sandwich, I'd recommend the latter. Just stay on route 6A as you come off the Sagamore Bridge and in a few minutes you'll see its welcoming sign and inviting building on your right.
Don't worry if the parking lot is crowded, the place is roomier than it seems and my wife and I have always been seated quickly. If you want something light, there is a fine variety of appetizers, each with a little extra flare. Also, the pizzas are large and generously topped. The menu offers the choices you should expect from a place with British roots, including Bangers and Mash, but you'll find more familiar fare, too. At our most recent visit, I had the surf and turf with the steak medium rare as ordered and the shrimp plump and moist. My wife had the blackened Mahi-Mahi, which she found tasy but not as spicy as hoped. The food here is good enough, but don't expect to be blown away. Stop here for the beer, the atmosphere, the friendly, efficient service and a full belly, and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Visited late in the afternoon and the place was empty. Service was very efficient. The beer was icy cold and very appreciated on a very hot July day. The sandwiches we order were very ordinary. I had the turkey and it was overstuffed with old stuffing, the cranberry was flavorless and the toasted multigrain as not toasted and way to heavy. My husband had Rhe Cod Rueben and he declared it OK but the battered cod made it an unpleasant taste. Overall a shame the food was very blah.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Had a great dinner here. Food was terrific and the service was wonderful. Large choice of beers and diverse menu.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Burgers were excellent & cooked exactly to order.
Daughter thought the wings were the best she'd ever had.
Visited on a very hot day for lunch & air conditioning was working well.
Server was very efficient.
Only negative: Iced tea was a mix -- this always irritates me, especially in a sit down restaurant. I know they specialize in beer here, but it's not hard to brew fresh tea.