“Don't be fooled by the decor”

Marshland Restaurants & Bakeries
Ranked #9 of 66 Restaurants in Sandwich
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Marshland Restaurants have been a staple of Cape Cod for 50 years. The Original Marshland, Marshland Too at 315 Cotuit Rd in Sandwich, and the latest addition, Marshland 3A at 986 State Rd in Plymouth, MA serve fresh seafood, baked goods, and a great variety of American cuisine. Too's Tavern located at Marshland Too is a full service sports bar serving a full and late night menu as well as a selection of specialty cocktails. Marshland is famous for its bakery and hardy breakfast, as well as an affordable delicious offering of great entrees for every meal. Make Marshland a Part of your Summer!
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Marshland looks like something out of Andy Griffith in Mayberry.Don't let this deter you from stopping, the locals eat here! I like to get the fried shrimp plate, it is delicious. Huge fried shrimp served with really good french fries. We usually split a caesar salad, it is big enough for 3 or 4 to share. They have a bakery/take out shop attached to the restaurant and they give you an assorted basket of bread with your meal. The wait staff is very friendly and you don't feel rushed even if there are people waiting for your table. I have been going for years and it always is good.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Value for your money. The food was very good and plentiful. The waitress was friendly and efficient. The atmosphere was small town cape cod. A most enjoyable meal in a tourist community. I will definetly return. Try there turkey dinner on Thursday.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We asked a local where was a good place to get lunch and were recommended the Marshside. Its not fancy, more of a diner/cafe. It has some booths and the rest of the seating is at the counter on stools. My husband had a bacon cheeseburger and I had a chicken panini with cheddar, bacon and apple - it arrived with out the bacon and the waitress promptly took it back and had it corrected.

The food was not fancy but was cooked well and nice portion sizes - not too big or too small. We would return.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I had lunch there today before heading home from our Cape getaway. I had the whole clam roll. My wife a bacon cheeseburger. Clams were served with french fries,and cole slaw. Very tasty. Breading was light, and clams were fried to perfection. Served on a toasted, buttered roll. My wife's burger was generous in size, and hand battered onion rings were substituted for french fries. Portions were very good. My wife took half her burger home with her. Restaurant was suggested to us by friends. It did not disappoint..... Almost forgot, after eating, head next door for homemade desserts...... excellent....

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had heard great things about Marshland but was sorely disappointed. Very Very small and crowded the waitress got mad when we took 5 seats at the counter rather than wait for a booth, all of which had just been seated.She made it known thru her attitude that she didn't like this at all. I watched her serve other and even some regulars with a smile but she basically ignored us which was too bad for her cause I'm agreat tipper Food was ok nothing special I expected much more I do recommend Marshlands 2 on Cotuit rd Much nicer people and food was better