“Hidden Italian Delight” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
West Barnstable, Massachusetts
“Hidden Italian Delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Two of us went for dinner around 6:30pm. Restaurant is located in a small shopping center in Sandwich directly off of Cotuit Rd. We were greeted promptly with a smile and sat right away. Restaurant is very clean with a comfortable atmosphere. It wasn't to busy there were 3 other tables besides us. Server was very good and very knowledgeable with good people skills. Menu is reasonably price with a large choice of items to choose from.

I had the homemade vegetable beef soup which was good and the Wasabi encrusted Ahi that was cooked to perfection. My friend also had the soup, a caesar salad and meatballs and pasta which he said was very good. My only observation was the main course's served on cold plates, otherwise I could find no issue's and will return again.

It's rare to find a restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner but the Canterbury does.

Worth stopping in to this local Italian Cafe.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sean M

West Hyannisport, Massachusetts
“Go!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

This restaurant is a great find! Under new ownership. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner but we have only been for dinner. We have been extremely pleased each time we have gone. Menu covers salads, burgers, pizza, lots of Italian offerings for entrees. Full bar and dining available at bar. Homemade bread AND butter are yummy! Service can be a little on the slow side at times but overall this is a good place to eat!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank CapeCodMem
“Tasty, clean, fast and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

This place really has everything you want in a breakfast joint. I went in with my two young children very early in the middle of the week. There was no one there yet, but it was filling up by the time we left.

The food was very good, nothing out of the ordinary, but exactly what you would expect and want in a breakfast place and was prepared well. It came out extremely fast and was a good value. Definitely worth going to!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sandwich,Massachusetts
“Wishing it was better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Now called "Canterbury Cuisine" formerly Canterbury Cafe. I heard so many good things about this small family owned restaurant that I decided to take my family and parents out to dinner. It is within a short walking distance from my home wich I love. The waitress was great, the overall layout of the restaurant was good except they could have done without a big screen TV in the main dining area. I had Chicken,Brocolli Alfredo, however, the chicken was tough and undercooked, the brocolli was also undercooked and the sauce seemed very overpowering and salty. I couldn't even eat half of my dinner. My son was looking forward to fried mozzarella sticks but when he found out that they were wrapped in prociutto he changed his mind. Overall I really think that they are trying to hard to be gourmet. The menu included alot of dishes with many different ingredients. Keep it simple, that's what people want. Perhaps I might try it again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank shadow2010
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Consistant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Have been there several times, nothing to rave about but also nothing negative. Reasonable value.Have been there several times, nothing to rave about but also nothing negative. Reasonable value.

Visited May 2013