“Great atmosphere! Very romantic!”

The Dan'l Webster Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dan'l Webster Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 65 Restaurants in Sandwich
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Traditional favorites share the menu with contemporary cuisine. Lovely dining rooms offer a choice of settings; candle-lit rooms, fireside dining in the Music Room or garden side dining in the sun or moonlit Conservatory combine with outstanding service and innovative cuisine to produce a positively exceptional dining experience. We welcome guests in all our dining rooms dressed from casual to their Sunday best. The Dan'l Webster Inn serves contemporary American cuisine for lunch and dinner daily, year round. Start your day in elegant style with a delightful Breakfast. Recipient of The Wine Spectator's prestigious Best of Award of Excellence, features wines that will please even the most discriminating guest. The Inn, recognized as a Distinguished Restaurant of North America, offers familiar favorites such as the most tender prime rib and filet mignon available along with seasonal and creative dishes from our constantly changing Chef's Special Menu
Orlando, Florida
“Great atmosphere! Very romantic!”
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Celebrated a birthday here while on vacation. Very, very nice. I would highly recommend it, especially for a special occasion. May be a little pricey, but worth it.

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Quiet elegance”
Reviewed April 23, 2009

The Dan'l Webster is one of our must-do places on the Cape - we get there every trip. It's that dependable.

We were always a bit nervous when we took our kids there, but during the summer there are usually family groups. Its a different matter in the off-season with the clientele is drawn from the older population on the upper Cape.

The food is dependable, although not exciting. I had crab cakes that were reasonably good - certainly not be best I've ever had, but also better than a certain well know fast-food chain.

There are three major seating areas in the restaurant - the Green House features a large glass wall looking out over a garden. That's where the old folks tend to congregate. The Tavern has a large fireplace that makes it quite cozy in the winter. There are also two 'inner' rooms, one next to the Green House, and the other immediately next to the door, that are used mainly in the heavier traffic summer season. We have been gravitating toward the Tavern mainly for the atmosphere - where there are different menus, you can order from either menu in the Tavern

massachusetts
“Waitstaff unfriendly and bothered by guest(main dining room, conservatory”
Reviewed December 28, 2008

My family has been taking my mother to the Daniel Webster Inn in Sandwich for about 10 years for her birthday meal. I have never been waited on by such snobby, uncaring waiters in all my life. It was as if we were inconviencing them by being there.It seemed like because there tip was included in the price that they didn't feel like they had to work for it. One of the people in my party had a piece of steel wool in their food. We were still charged for the replacement meal. Over all I was very disapointed with what should have been a very nice evening.

2 Thank snowspond
NewYork City
“Very bad and overpriced”
Reviewed September 1, 2008

I took my wife here for her birthday and couldn't have been more disappointed. For appetizers, I ordered the goat cheese and beet salad and was surprised to fine very few beets (canned at that) and only a quarter-sized piece of goat cheese on top of a mountain of greens. My wife ordered the lobster and shitake gnocci and found the gnocci mealy and the sauce flavorless.

For entrees I ordered the Ravioli Basilico and my wife ordered the Steak Fiorentina. My ravioli was dry to the bone and was served on what they called a truffled butternut marinara, but which tasted like bargain bin baby food. The dish was poorly conceived and mostly inedible. The Steak Fiorentina was gristly and dry.

Overall the atmosphere felt like we were eating in death's waiting room. The dining crowd was much older and they probably dig flavorless and soft foods. If you do too, and you enjoy paying way too much money for it, you will enjoy the Dan'l Webster Inn. If not, you should definitely avoid this restaurant at all costs.

But, the service was good.

2 Thank LovesMeSomeFood
New England
“Tasty food!”
Reviewed May 22, 2008

We drove in to eat lunch at this hotel on our way to Hyannis. It was so tasty. The service and food were exceptional. The prices were high, but fair. We paid twice as much for far more mediocre meals during our stay on Cape Cod in other places.

We ate the soup sampler (lobster chowder and 2 soups of the day) with crostini. The rolls at the table were very good too. We were seated in a beautiful glass room surrounded by gardens and a koi pond. IT was breathtaking.

Even though it was just a light lunch we really enjoyed our waitress Carrie! The service was prompt. We enjoyed exploring the town for a few minutes after that as well.

Stop here for a wonderful lunch!