“My kind of camping! Excellent value and family friendly!”

Peters Pond RV Resort
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I really do enjoy camping with amenities and this is it! I really liked the accommodations. The cottage we stayed in was a trailer home with a modern, beach-like design and set up. It had a full kitchen stocked with all of the plates, pots, pans, and glasses you need. It did not have a dishwasher but that was fine for us. Right across from the kitchen was a small living room with a small sofa, chair, and 2 stools. The sofa contained a twin size pull out bed. An electric fireplace in the living room connected through to the Master bedroom where there was a queen sized bed and an armoire. The only bathroom in the unit connected through the Master bedroom. Off of the living room and above the bedroom was a loft complete with two full sized mattresses. The loft area was fine for my two younger children, aged 9 and 14, but would be a bit cramped for adults and older teens. You could not stand up in the loft but you could crawl through and over to your bed. You could sit up also. The main part of the unit was very clean and well kept. The loft was a bit dusty and could have used a good vacuum. We really liked sitting outside on the wrap around porch to eat breakfast and watch the local bunnies frolic in the small yard. We grilled on the propane grill that was provided and really enjoyed the larger of the two beach areas at the resort. Although we did not use the volleyball courts or baseball field, we were glad that they offered such options. My children played at the playground for a little bit. It was a good playground for younger children, under 9. The pool looked nice, well kept and clean but we did not use it. The location was great! Close to the highway, the bridge, shopping, etc. They offer different activities during the week at different times and those seemed like fun for the kids. They had a very small arcade which my children showed no interest in, maybe for younger kids. They had bocce and shuffle board which we did not use and one of them was being re-done. The property was laid out well and had a decent amount of space between units.

Overall the only things we did not like were mostly the little things that went wrong that could not be controlled by the resort. We had the unfortunate luck of having the power go out twice during meal times and clean up times. That stunk for us because I like to cook for my family and had no hot water, but I was able to use the gas stove for boiling water to clean up. Also something went wrong with our air conditioner after the first power outage and we did not realize it until we awoke in the middle of the night hot and stuffy. I did not have a restful sleep either of the two nights with the power outages and air conditioning issues. There were two things that the resort could possibly do something about: ants and double checking the kitchen supplies. When I went to cook, one of the two knives and the can opener were both broken. Someone should be checking the supplies to make sure they were in good, working condition. All of the appliances and the rest of the supplies were just fine. When we returned from our day of being out, I discovered tiny ants were all over the counter and sink. I assume they were coming in for water because of where they were. Thankfully I had made sure everything was sealed and cleaned up before we had left. I did not enjoy having to battle ants and make certain that I cleaned extra before eating each meal and using the counters. The resort did take my concerns down in writing and planned to address them but I do think they probably knew about the ants already because I detected a bit of ant deterrent spray odor under the sink when we arrived. I thought it was just me being paranoid but after seeing the ants, I do not think so anymore. The only other small downside is the dusty condition of the loft. They need someone to get up there with a backpack vaccuum and take care of that space. I have a dust allergy and have a couple of kids with asthma so I guess I am sensitive to this, but my 9 year old was busy wiping off the loft area, so I guess I wasn't alone in my concerns.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Khi_p

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my two children for unfortunately only one night, but it was absolutely perfect. We rented a "rustic cabin." It was like a little 1960's fishing cabin, old but charming and clean and had everything we needed. A full kitchen with dishes, cooking utensils, etc. A toilet (no shower in thr one we had, but there were fill facilities up the hill). Two twin beds and a roll out bed. It was right on the pond, with a fire pit, gas grill, picnic table, covered porch and an enclosed porch. No ac, but they provide a box fan. They also provide linens and towels.

The park was clean, well maintained, and quiet. Everyone I met was so nice, the staff kind and helpful. The pool area was lovely and SO fun for the kids. Swimming beaches at the pond with playgrounds (the one near us needed updating)They had a volleyball court and a great little store with necessities, toys, firewood, etc.

There is a grocery store and other shops and restaurants a minute or two up the road, so it was super convenient.

I desperately wanted to stay another night, but they were booked. We will definitely come again.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Travelmirv
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We tented at a site with another couple and had a blast. The pond was amazingly clean and the swimming areas are sectioned off from the boating area. They had many activities for the children (when we drove by) and everyone has a golf cart!! The staff was amazing and helpful with all our questions. We had a fire all night and was not bothered. We will be coming back again!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amber H
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is the third summer I have experienced Peter's Pond RV Resort with my boyfriend and his entire family. If you Google Peter's Pond the past few years downfalls are the first things to show up and that is NOT what this park is anymore! The new management is amazing and the changes in the park from even last year to this season is amazing. At 21 I see how fair, organized and intelligent the new owners and management are and that is exactly what this park needs. If you need something done to a site, you ask, it's done. As a seasonal camper I am at Peter's Pond every weekend and every weekend is a comfortable and relaxing. Skip, the owner, makes face everyday and goes out of his way to make sure everyone, whether seasonal or a transit, is accommodated and there are no issues. With the past few bumpy years it is nice to have people running this park who are here for the people, not the money! I have been to a few parks when I was younger and I refer people to Peter's Pond because it is the nicest campground I have spent time at, from the cost to the activities to the pond and the park itself!

Room Tip: The "point" is on a large hill which gets dark at night but is secluded and can see the en...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Sam K
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family starting camping here 50 years ago and I now come here with my kids. The cabins with a /c and all the comforts of home is my type of "camping". The cabins are really small but have all that you need. They also have more rustic cabins and sites depending on your preference. The new owners are making great improvements and they are all so friendly and helpful. The pond is still the clearest pond I have seen and I typically will not go in fresh water. The sites are large and the pool is great. Not too many do the planned activities - there are a lot if seasonals. My 5 yr old daughter liked the crafts. And of course you are on the cape which is a great vacation destination. This place is very sentimental to me and so far I only have great thing to say about the new staff.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank kristi8878
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We are in a gorgeous new cabin. Sleeps 6-8 with one bath, one shower, big master bedroom. Gas double room fireplace and flat screen TV s. full kitchen with all cooking and dinner, glassware . Gas outside grill and driveway. Small back porch. All linens. New managers,great people and so much to do here. Swimming pool, full rec center. Incredible facility and very affordable.
Great price for a great location on the Cape, with spring feed lake. It rained one day,but mud room area nice for hanging wet clothes and shoes. Local big grocery close by. Love it so comfy.

Room Tip: Great for 2-4 people. Does sleep 6-8 with loft. New fresh rooms. 5 star quality master bed room. Pri...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sisdenise
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I spent Memorial Day Weekend at this campground. It is by far the nicest and most accommodating around. The staff was very welcoming and polite. Everything was clean. I will be returning later this summer. The pond is clean. The pool and grounds are well kept.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Scubabudie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandwich
Campers Haven RV Resort
#3 of 6 in Sandwich
Spring Garden Inn Motel
Spring Garden Inn Motel
#2 of 3 in East Sandwich

Been to Peters Pond RV Resort? Share your experiences!