“Amazing Kayaking Adventure”
Review of ECOtourz

ECOtourz
More attraction details
Owner description: Rent a kayak or paddle board in Sandwich, Cape Cod, from ECOtourz LLC. Go on a lovely kayak tour of Sandwich or explore the town on your own using our bike rentals
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Justin of Ecotourz is just great. He is extremely accommodating and knowledgeable. Myself and three friends bought a google offer for a 2-hour kayaking adventure in Sandwich, MA with Ecotourz and had a blast. Our tour started early at 8 am (tour times are based on the tide), but it was worth getting up early. Justin made sure we all felt safe and comfortable in our kayaks before taking off. I was a little disappointed because I thought we would be kayaking into the ocean, but instead we went into an estuary into the town of Sandwich, which was amazing too. Justin knows a lot about the area and he is a local and told us interesting facts along the way without overburdening us with a lecture. The whole experience was safe and fun and actualy a really great work out!

3  Thank Adeola O
in 9 reviews
"kayakers"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Justin was a super accomodating & very kind kayak tour guide! My son, who is visually impaired paired up with Justin in a double kayak. I was in a single kayak, and we paddled in the estuary area. It was very enjoyable & peaceful. I recommend this activity most highly to anyone interested in trying kayaking alone or with their familiy. I had never used a kayak before, and I found it to be a relaxing and fun experience. Plus, I love the fact that it's something that everyone can learn to do or enjoy! I plan on returning with more family members before the summer ends. I must add that Justin was generous in dedicating his one on one time with my son in the double kayak...teaching him how to paddle, explaining his surroundings and discussing historical facts about the town of Sandwich. I also need to mention that he gave his time and expertise to us gratis!!!. He wouldn't accept payment. What a nice guy! We thank you Justin for a great (first time!!) Kayak experience!!

3  Thank Donna C
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We went on the two hour tour, scheduled for 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM. Because some other people were late, and we were on-time, we were put in our kayaks at 1:50 PM, making us wait over 20 minutes past the scheduled time. Then the tour started around two, and we were forced to bring back our Kayaks at 3:15, making our two hour Kayaking tour about one hour and twenty minutes. We feel like this was a misrepresentation of what they were selling. When we expressed that the tour was too short, a friend of the owner made snide, sarcastic remarks towards us. Rideaway Kayak is much better towards customers, better value for the money, located on 6A in Sandwich!

4  Thank newfun
jk7Sandwich, Owner at ECOtourz, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

I am sorry you felt the tour was misrepresented. I can not control if a part ofthe group was stuck in traffic and i would not just leave without most o the signed up group. As for the start time. we put clients in the boats at 1:30 and gave intruction and allowed free paddle as we waited for the other part of the group to arrive. I am sorry you were so displeased , in six years of business we have never had a disgruntled custimer. If you read the other reviews i feel you would get a more accurate depiction of my company

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is a nice way to spend a relaxing afternoon. The tour itself was decent, however, because we were in a group of 8, it was hard to hear majority of what the tourguide was saying, unless you happened to be the kayak that was right next to him. Another downside of kayaking an estuary vs something more open water is that several times, it begins to be more like bumper boats in some parts!

Overall, a nice experience and a neat alternative for something to do on the Cape. However, communication could have been better. The tourguide told my friend organizing, that he'd call her the day before with more details, but never did. Also, the address that is given, actually leads you to the front of an art gallery and only a placard out front advertising "ecotourz" without an address telling you how to get to the actual meeting area (which is ~1 mile away).

TIP: Make sure you come changed, as you literally meet at the estuary, where there are no bathrooms.

1  Thank NEAutumn