“Private kayak excursion”
Review of ECOtourz

ECOtourz
More attraction details
Owner description: Rent a kayak or paddle board in Sandwich, Cape Cod, from ECOtourz LLC. Go on a lovely kayak tour of Sandwich or explore the town on your own using our bike rentals
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Justin was a super accomodating & very kind kayak tour guide! My son, who is visually impaired paired up with Justin in a double kayak. I was in a single kayak, and we paddled in the estuary area. It was very enjoyable & peaceful. I recommend this activity most highly to anyone interested in trying kayaking alone or with their familiy. I had never used a kayak before, and I found it to be a relaxing and fun experience. Plus, I love the fact that it's something that everyone can learn to do or enjoy! I plan on returning with more family members before the summer ends. I must add that Justin was generous in dedicating his one on one time with my son in the double kayak...teaching him how to paddle, explaining his surroundings and discussing historical facts about the town of Sandwich. I also need to mention that he gave his time and expertise to us gratis!!!. He wouldn't accept payment. What a nice guy! We thank you Justin for a great (first time!!) Kayak experience!!

3  Thank Donna C

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We went on the two hour tour, scheduled for 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM. Because some other people were late, and we were on-time, we were put in our kayaks at 1:50 PM, making us wait over 20 minutes past the scheduled time. Then the tour started around two, and we were forced to bring back our Kayaks at 3:15, making our two hour Kayaking tour about one hour and twenty minutes. We feel like this was a misrepresentation of what they were selling. When we expressed that the tour was too short, a friend of the owner made snide, sarcastic remarks towards us. Rideaway Kayak is much better towards customers, better value for the money, located on 6A in Sandwich!

4  Thank newfun
jk7Sandwich, Owner at ECOtourz, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

I am sorry you felt the tour was misrepresented. I can not control if a part ofthe group was stuck in traffic and i would not just leave without most o the signed up group. As for the start time. we put clients in the boats at 1:30 and gave intruction and allowed free paddle as we waited for the other part of the group to arrive. I am sorry you were so displeased , in six years of business we have never had a disgruntled custimer. If you read the other reviews i feel you would get a more accurate depiction of my company

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is a nice way to spend a relaxing afternoon. The tour itself was decent, however, because we were in a group of 8, it was hard to hear majority of what the tourguide was saying, unless you happened to be the kayak that was right next to him. Another downside of kayaking an estuary vs something more open water is that several times, it begins to be more like bumper boats in some parts!

Overall, a nice experience and a neat alternative for something to do on the Cape. However, communication could have been better. The tourguide told my friend organizing, that he'd call her the day before with more details, but never did. Also, the address that is given, actually leads you to the front of an art gallery and only a placard out front advertising "ecotourz" without an address telling you how to get to the actual meeting area (which is ~1 mile away).

TIP: Make sure you come changed, as you literally meet at the estuary, where there are no bathrooms.

1  Thank NEAutumn
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I am a sixty-year-old woman and, with a girlfriend, took a two-hour guided kayak tour with Justin. Overall, it was enjoyable. I liked seeing the marsh up close and the paddling was fun. However, I found it difficult to hear Justin because he did not wait for all the paddlers to catch up before beginning speaking. Also, I thought the tour was overpriced at $75 per person.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We went on a kayak tour of the estuaries and marshes of Sandwich, just like Justin and the website explained. Yes, we did have to paddle, and yes it did require some work, but it was so fun and relaxing. We had a beautiful, windless, overcast morning, so the water, views, and quiet sounds were so peaceful. Justin was very calm and relaxed himself, and made the whole experience so much nicer. We highly recommend it to anyone, of all ages!

3  Thank Susan E