“perfect”

Dining options: Breakfast
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“perfect”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

i love everything about this place. the menu is always changing. the coffee, the sandwiches the salads, the atmosphere OMG I could go on. they have 2 outdoor seating areas, lots of pastries, always busy, and delicious

Visited December 2012

Denver, Colorado
“lots of options, great taste”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This cafe is a popular place, but be forewarned that it closes mid-afternoon. There are many creative sandwich options made with quality ingredients, for around $10. It's a smaller space, and often crowded, but there are a few tables outside you can enjoy when the weather's nice. Plenty of parking. Great place to get a quick brunch or lunch!

Chatham, Massachusetts
“Awful experience here”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My friend, who has celiac's disease and cannot tolerate gluten, asked the propietor if the huevos rancheros came with corn or flour tortillas. He said corn and within the first bite, she questioned him again. He checked the package and sure enough it was flour.

Not only did he ignore us, but he never offered to make even a partial refund or any customer friendly gesture. Is he aware of the real medical risks inherent in food allergies and intolerances? Shouldn't a restaurant owner know about food allergies?

I would strongly caution anyone with food sensitiveness to be aware.

3 Thank Abbe G
Agawam, Massachusetts
“Don't eat here if you have food allergies or sensitivities”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am visiting a friend who just moved to a nearby town. I arrived at Cafe Chew with an appetite and high hooes for a leisurely breakfast with my friend. As I ordered the huevos rancheros, I informed the owner (who was maning the cash register ) that I have glutn intolerance and needed to be surh the tortillas are corn? He said yes, they are corn. He repeated our order before we left the counter, includin my need for gluten free huevos rancheros. Our breakfast was delivered, I took 1 bite and knew the tortilla was flour. I returned to the counter with the poisoned meal in hand and asked the owner, again, "are these corn or flour". He then checked the package and confirmed my fear: I had consumed a very harmful food. Since Iam also insulin dependent diabetic ( sine age 9) this means dangerously low blood sugars for the next few days and I hope I can drive home safely. The owner never apologized, he did not offer a free coffee or juice. Shame on him.

3 Thank Pat M
fufu58
“More than a sandwich in Sandwich !!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Excellent food & funky little place. Mostly organic foods and Fair-Trade coffees. Lots of whole grain choices. A couple of specials daily. Everything is basic, but then they add an ingredient to make it special - like BLT plus avocado and sprouts turns it into a California BLT. Everything is super fresh, prepared the way to ask and all very quickly. Come hungry and be sure the snag a table before you order !! Breakfast & lunch only.