“Worst food and service on the Cape”

Tomatoes Italian Bar & Grille
Ranked #30 of 66 Restaurants in Sandwich
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

New Years Eve 2012 - reservation at 5 ...and so it begins
Prosecco warm and flat - sent back
Pinot Grigio - swap water - sent back
Appetizer - spinach and artichoke dip - runny white stuff floating in oil (yep -sent back)
Waitress resting at the hostess area practically the entire time with back to us
1 hour later - received meals (luke warm) ...waitress informs us we have only minutes left to eat since the 7:00 reservations are coming in...

needless to say, don't waste your time - horrible and rude...

2  Thank aliWestBarnstable

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great bar for casual dinning and excellent restaurant for dinner. Great dinner and movie specials on Monday and Tuesday night. Have dinner and walk across to the movies...great evening.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Tomatoes proved once again why it is always our choice for a great dining experience. After spending a day cooking (Thanksgiving) I decided it was time for what has become a Hood family tradition, reservation at Tomatoes. My sister-in-law and mother-in-law were visiting so there were 9 of us. We were sat immediately upon arrival (good thing we had reservations, it was an hour wait). Rachel our waitress was right there to take our drink order and warn us that there were only 3 lamb dishes left, so if lamb was on our mind, now was the time to speak. The only thing we had to wait for was our drinks (the bar was abit busy) Rachel was on top of everything at all time. The food was awesome as usual. Their menu is not just pasta, but many items you would not expect to find on an Italian menu. Two of my sons ordered the hanger steak, which is usually great, but was overcooked and tough. I mentioned this to Rachel and she immediately removed the 2 meals from the bill. There is another Italian restaurant in town we use to frequent, Amari's. We found ANTS (yes, live crawling ants) in our fried mozzarella ball appetizer and we had to ask to have them removed from the bill and there was no apology. We don't go there any more, and I have told everyone I know and even those I don't about my ants. WE love Tomatoes, good food, good drinks, good service and good fun! Thanks Rachel for helping to making our family get together really special! We got some great pictures, again, thanks Rachel!!

1  Thank CapeCodBonBon
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very good service, nice ambiance, and delicious food in Gigantic portions. The wine suggestions are better than average. A movie, then dinner at Tomatoes, a very nice way to spend an evening.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

One of the worst dining experiences I've ever encountered. Due to the fact that it is one of the local areas only Italian restaurants, the locals seem to frequent it. After receiving a basket of bread with the center of the pieces frozen, I returned them to the bus boy after poking my finger in one. He returned them later, (same basket) with my poke hole in a piece freshly nuked... Ordered the Artichoke hearts wrapped in Prosciutto for Appetizer... A nice leathery texture.... A bit well done and dry... After ordering the leather, I had place my order for a Caesar Salad with a side of Anchovies, an entree for myself (Veal Parmigiana) and a Pasta Bolagnase for my Partner... The salad arrived without my anchovies.. I had to ask for them twice... Soon after the salad arrived so did the bus boy with my dinners. So I sent the dinners back until I at least could have some salad... I explained to the waitress what had happened and expressed that I would expect FRESH entrees. A short time after, out came the same entrees... COLD... I sent them back for a second time... Then after a few minutes, the Hostess comes over with the same entrees and explains that their will be no charge on them... OF COURSE NOT... RE-HEATED FOR A SECOND TIME??? Ever eat reheated tough Veal??? I paid the bill for two lovely cocktails (which is probably why people like the place) and left. Try at your own risk....

2  Thank Mark K