“Great Workout Walking the Beach”
Review of Sandy Neck Beach

Ranked #13 of 44 things to do in Sandwich
More attraction details
Owner description: This scenic stretch of beach on charming Cape Cod is perfect for relaxing, birdwatching and hiking.
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Workout Walking the Beach”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We spent two mornings walking the beach at Sandy Neck. We walked about 4 miles each day. The sand is packed down due to the 4 wheel drive vehicles that can drive along there during the day. I was disappointed that the shorter trail was closed as I wanted to see more if the dunes even though it is difficult to walk on sand!

Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Nice beach but rocky”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was nice beach other than it being very rocky. We love the water but had a very hard time finding a spot where you could actually lie on a towel , way too rocky.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ed V
Sandwich, Massachusetts
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Beaching it”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've been going to Sandy Neck Beach for 27 yrs. The view is beautiful. The recent storms have made the beach quite rocky. The water continues to be cold but refreshing. I still prefer the Caribbean.

1 Thank Zrotkiv
Hanover, Massachusetts
“Sandy it is not, but still awesome”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

An awesome place to just hang out for the day or w/e if you have a camper, which we did. We can't wait to go back.

Wolcott, Connecticut
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Tent Camping”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Only 3.3 mile hike but they failed to tell us about the green head and mosquito infestation and that the hike was in the sand (not a trail) with no shade whatsoever. I got heat exhaustion by the time we reached the campsite. I was very sick, overheated,vomiting and couldn't keep water down. We called to get a ride out, trying to get me somewhere to cool down. Only to get someone telling us its 60 a person, "did you see the price it's $60 for us to come get you?" The guy was so nasty about coming to get us we stayed hoping I would get better and not need medical attention for heat exhaustion. We hiked out at 5am the next morning when it was cool. I was shaky and sick the whole next day. I would have loved for someone to check on us after calling that I was sick with heat exhaustion and needed a ride out. MEDICAL care and SAFETY of the campers should be first not the price and the inconvenience of having to drive out there.

1 Thank unhappycamper526