“Beautiful gardens, both adult and kid-friendly”

Heritage Museums & Gardens
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.00*
and up
Small-Group Day Trip to Plymouth and Cape Cod from Boston
Ranked #1 of 44 things to do in Sandwich
More attraction details
Owner description: You can enjoy more than 70 acres of gardens after visiting the art and history museums at the Heritage.
East Sandwich, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful gardens, both adult and kid-friendly”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

If you will visit more than once, buy the family membership and come often. It's a bit pricey for a one-time visit, but as a favorite haunt we visit there at least once a month with the kids. I'm a bit of an old fart now, but you're never too old to ride the beautiful antique carousel or cut your kids loose in the kids hollow while you watch from above, enjoying the beautiful adult-friendly gardens.

Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Portage, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Terrific Family Day Outdoors”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family and I heard of heritage through some friends. We had a terrific day snooping throu the antique cars, running through the mazes and walking the gardens. This is a fantastic option for an overcast day on the Cape. Make sure you have good directions though. It is not the easiest place to find. The amenities are relatively basic. Do not expect the full services you would find at a larger museum. With that being said we had a terrific day!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank jmeyer11
Worcester, Massachusetts
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Magical Place - poor customer service”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Museum and Garden were the best part of the Cape. We found it accidently and spent two days there - there's a surprise around every corner. However, I have emailed the Heritage twice about making arrangements for my handicapped friend to visit and have had no response. I have been trying since April - I will not go back if this lack of communication is indicative of their customer service.

Visited July 2012
Boston
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Something for Everyone”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I thought I'd spend the time until my inn check-in on Cape Cod at Heritage Gardens and I was not disappointed. Hours can be spent at this attraction. I had always wanted to see this and it did not disappoint.
There are miles to walk where you can meditate or enjoy the plants, flowers, fountains and kinetic sculptures. There was a working carousel which will delight children and the young at heart. I was so pleased in my retirement years to be able to mount and dismount the horse unaided; it brought back memories of my childhood. There is a neat tree house for children to climb midst some outdoor exhibits in a refreshing hollow.There was a fascinating exhibit of primitive American art as well as a car exhibit. Photo opportunities abound.

Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Gardens worth the visit. Car museum wonderful”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Even though the rhododendron were no longer in bloom, the visit to the gardens was most enjoyable. This is definitely worth a visit. Easy walking on paved and ground paths.

The auto museum was filled with very interesting old and concept cars (including a flying car and solar powered car). A must see for all car buffs.

Visited June 2013