“great place to stop and explore!”

Heritage Museums & Gardens
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.00*
and up
Small-Group Day Trip to Plymouth and Cape Cod from Boston
Ranked #1 of 45 things to do in Sandwich
More attraction details
Owner description: You can enjoy more than 70 acres of gardens after visiting the art and history museums at the Heritage.
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This place is beautiful. So many different plants, flowers, etc to look at no matter what the season is! There's even flowers/plants for the fall/winter. There's also a few different museums on the grounds which i found to also be very interesting...including an old car museum which had old fords, chevy's etc. I also heard that near Christmas, they light up this park for winter evening strolls. Definitely worth checking out! Especially on a sunny day!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

we spent about two hours enjoying the norman rockwell exhibit. it displayed many of his pictures along with the photographs he used as a guide to achieving such realistic expressions and exact replicas in the story each of his Post covers tells. it was a wonderful way to enjoy his humor and the memories all those years of pictures produced.

1  Thank janelor
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have summered on Cape Cod since 1962 and have never visited the Heritage Museums and Gardens. It was fantastic. There is a fun antique car exposition and the Hidden Hollow....great for kids.
It is such a relaxing place with beautiful gardens and trails along with paved paths for walking.
the best is the fact that they have a golf cart that is available for rides for people who have difficulties walking.

So worth the trip!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The minute I started walking through the gardens I immediateley relaxed and felt at peace. Wish I had more time that day to stay longer.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

What a hidden gem! We stopped here on our way home from a mini Cape vacation, thinking we would spend a half hour or so and be on our way. Three hours later, we were finally ready to leave! I was particularly interested in the Rockwell exhibit and it was amazing! Could have spent hours there alone, but not quite as much interest for the kids. Although, they did have an "I Spy" type game in the exhibit for kids, which really did keep them engaged. Loved the art museum and the antique autos. Wish I knew about the place when my kids were a bit younger and could enjoy Hidden Hollow more---what a wonderful place for little ones!

We also grabbed lunch at the Cafe and were really impressed!!! Not your typical museum fare at all. Very healthy salads and sandwiches, even kids items, and all reasonably priced. I'd go back just for lunch!

Well worth the trip!