“Great Place to Visit”

$76.00*
Fall on Cape Cod: Day Trip from Boston with Sightseeing Cruise
Ranked #2 of 44 things to do in Sandwich
More attraction details
Owner description: The museum details the history of the Boston and Sandwich Glass Company.
norwalk, ct
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great Place to Visit”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We visited the Glass Museum with our 4 year old twins. Not knowing what to expect, we went in cautiously and kept reminding the girls "don't touch anything". LOL We arrived just in time for the glass blowing demonstration. It was interesting to watch and my children were captivated to whole time. We learned a bit about the glass blowing craft & history. There was also a short movie shown on the history of Sandwich and it's glass production The museum itself had lots of rooms with beautiful pieces and nooks & crannies that you could wander off into for more great pieces & history. For the children, there is a scavenger hunt and they give a prize at the exit.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank vvwalk

Rhinebeck, New York
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“We Loved It”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I went to the Sandwich Glass Museum and we loved it. It was very informational and historical. We loved the gal that demonstrated how hand blown glass pieces are made. Later we toured their collection of colorful antique hand blown glass pieces. There were many categories of hand blown glass to see and found it very interesting Also the admission was only $5 and well worth it. I even bought a new piece as a souvenir. Thank you glass museum for a wonderful experience.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Tanya_and_Brad
Mendon, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“So much to see!”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We went to the Sandwich Glass Museum for something to do one day while on the Cape. I have to say it was the best $5.00 we spent on our vacation!
We got there in time to see the glass blowing exhibit and spent a few minutes after the presentation speaking with the glass blower. Following that we walked into the theater moments before the program began. So interesting! We felt that the characters being displayed were actually LIVE and speaking directly to us! That is how real this presentation of the history of Sandwich is! There were many, many rooms of display: molded glass, pressed glass, lacy glass, patterned glass and more. So much to see and so little time! We were there 2 hours, until closing and will visit again to see all that we missed at the museum when we next visit the Cape!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank traintracks
MA
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Great demonstration...the rest is informative”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The best part of the museum is the glass blowing demo. The glass blower was fun, engaging, knowledgeable...really super. If they didn't have the demo's on the hour, I would question the value of the stop. The movie was pretty good/informative, but didn't set a good background for the 'story' they wove, so wasn't as riveting that it could have been. The rest of the museum was OK....easy to get on overload. There is only so much glass and write ups that I want to read. I think we stayed for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Oh...don't miss the fun displays in the bathroom!

Visited August 2011
2 Thank mammak61
Fremantle, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“entertaining and informative”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

When I first visited Sandwich I didn't realise it was famous for its glass. I own three peices of Sandwich glass and it was fun to use the exhibits and the reference books to date my own pieces.
The glass blower was entertaining and made it interesting and the films were also good.
A brief step back into the history of Sandwich.

Visited July 2011