“RIPPED OFF-BEWARE”
Review of New Boston Inn

New Boston Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandisfield
New Boston Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Sandisfield B&B and Inns
New York
“RIPPED OFF-BEWARE”
Reviewed August 22, 2008

Be very careful if you are thinking about staying here. The unprofessional staff does not keep track of reservations whatsoever. I cancelled the reservation almost three weeks advance (well ahead of their cancellation policy) and they still charged my credit card for the full price of the stay. When I called to notify them of their mistake, they told me it was my responsibility to prove who I had spoken to. The staff was extremely rude and unhelpful when I called to make them aware of their mistake. The reason I cancelled is because there were much cheaper places to stay in the vicinity. I would definitely recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank JBP527

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cape Canaveral, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2008

I went to New England to visit my familywith my two teenagers and a boyfriend. They all are are native Floridians, and quite new to the Northeast.

They absolutely loved the inn, they had never seen anything that old (LOL!). It is a wonderful place,from the kings wood in the pub to the lovely wood floors upstairs, and all the history attached to the inn..

The proprietor treated us like royalty, and was very friendly, we felt like family. I'd recommend this inn to anyone, we had a wonderful time

• Liked — comfort
  • Disliked — I liked everything, but there is no wireless internet access, and it is a dead spot for my cell phone service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Massachusetts
Reviewed September 20, 2007

Went there for drinks with some out-of-town friends after a funeral. After announcing last call (at 8 pm) and taking our money for a round of cocktails at 7:55 we were rudely told that we had 10 minutes. My wife and the other women in the group are unaccostomed to chuggung a martini in 5 minutes (after we were told we had 5 minutes ). We were then told to leave (leaving unfinished cocktails on the table). When we stepped out the door, all outside lights were turned off leaving us in pitch darkness.At this point there was a minor confrontation with the manager.
This is an old restaurant in the middle of nowhere.
We were there less than an hour.
We spent $75.00 (2 men, 3 women)
We are professional people who regularly dine out.
This place used to be OK ------ It is a place to now be avoided.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Otiville
Msinnnbi, Owner at New Boston Inn, responded to this review, December 6, 2007
The New Boston Inn is a professional Establishment, we are not Bar type seen, people come here to relax and have dinner, Drinks do not cost $15,00 per person here and never will. Though I can not say there wasnot a problem or do I remember they're being a problem (seeing I also Manage the Inn and I was there that night) I'm not A custume to throwing my guest out of my Inn, but we do have last call at 8:45 when the Bar closes for the night at 9, course if you were to be staying at the Inn, The Bar would be open for the guest of the Inn, I'm sorry they had such a "Miserable" Time 99% of the people at come here al aways Happy and Charmed. Barbara Colorio Innkeeper Owner

Been to New Boston Inn? Share your experiences!