“Atrocious”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Usually I write only good reviews because most people write reviews when they have had a bad experience but this experience I had today could not go untold. We were frequent patrons of this restaurant prior to it being sold. Unfortunately I will never go back again after today. My husband and I went for dinner today and we both ordered the seafood casserole pie. The only edible fish in the casserole were the scallops Everything else was over cooked. For the price they were charging, I sent my meal back and said I would pay for the salad. I made a small salad from their salad bar to start off my dinner. I was charged 12.00 for the salad since they have an endless salad bar as an entrée on the menu. I think this was way over pricing for a small salad. I should have said something but I didn't. Now they have lost 2 patrons and I will also be telling all my friends about my experience.

2  Thank cherylbkelly
There are newer reviews for Stripers Grill & Inn

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stumbled upon this place after a day at Hampton Beach. We were on our way to Newburyport to walk around and find a restaurant. Stripers in just over the drawbridge from Newburyport. We ate on the covered deck which overlooked the colonial town of Newburyport, the harbor and out to Plum Island. It was a beautiful day which was made that much better by relaxing with a million dollar view. The menu was not that unusual (nothing too exotic) our party opted for tequila salads, soup, and Caesar salad. The writer opted for the endless salad bar.
The soups were great and the salads were fantastic. My wife and son commented that every time they thought they had finished the chicken in the salad they uncovered more. The salad also included baked 3-4 baked shrimp, which were also great. The salad bar was fresh, well stocked and had sufficient variety of greens and fixings. The soup on the salad bar was great as well. The meals ordered by those around us looked and smelled great. The portions were plentiful. Our meals came to about $20 a piece, we considered this fair.

The restaurant is attached to a well maintained but 50's -60's strip motel/hotel. We were a little skeptical on approach but the interior of the restaurant was clean and well maintained, again the deck was fantastic. Our server "Dave" was only on the job two days but he knew the menu well, was very attentive and personable.

We'll be visiting this establishment again.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were a little wary, having read some of the reviews about the re-opening of this restaurant under new ownership. However, our overall experience was good. Six women out for girls night. I will only speak for myself, but everyone did say their meal was good. I had the special, shrimp taco salad, and it was very good. Six large shrimp in a taco shell bowl with salad, dressing was not too heavy. Waiter did forget my onion rings, so they arrived at the end of my meal and they were "okay". Waiter was attentive.

1  Thank Gonefishing2012
Reviewed April 8, 2013

well it was said to be the place to go!!! it was over the topforfish prices and wasnt that great it has a stuffy atmostfer and the fish tank had floaters i had totell someone about wouldnt return held no wow factor forus sorry

1  Thank doozack
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband used to enjoy coming here to eat!! It's a shame they are selling it!!! We have never gotten a bad meal or a bad drink from here!!
I wish they were still open!!

1  Thank Tracy B