“Skip It.”
Review of Connies Stagecoach

Connies Stagecoach
Ranked #37 of 66 Restaurants in Salisbury
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Not sure what happened to this place, but the last time we went there was the LAST time we'll go there. Connie's used to be a good place to go get a good "diner" breakfast for a great price. The staff used to be fun and friendly but now it seems like they feel that the customer "owes" them some kind of gratitiude just for showing up.

We last went there for breakfast and it was just a disaster from beginning to end. The water for the tea was lukewarm and when we asked for it to be heated up, we were met with rolled eyes and a heavy sigh. The food was also less than hot when it came out too. Room temperature bacon is NOT appetizing. I was looking forward to the "Belgian waffle with strawberries" that was listed on the specials board but what I got was a nothing more than a large, bland, round waffle that was drenched in a gelatinous, previously frozen strawberry goop that was discolored and disgusting. The entire thing was covered in whipped cream (which I had asked to be omitted from my order). Any time I've ever ordered this breakfast at any other restaurant (it's a popular offering at many, many places) I have always-without exception, receiveda HOT, fresh Belgian waffle with FRESH strawberries, never before had I seen this disgusting pinkish-brown mixture on top of this waffle at any other place). I knew the second the plate was placed in front of me that there was NO way I was going to eat any of that but the waitress dropped our food off and she was gone in a flash. I had to wave her over to explain that I wasn't happy with my meal. When I explained that 1. I asked for no whipped cream and 2. I assumed the strawberries would be fresh, the waitress's response was-and I quote-"Who told you it would be fresh? That board doesn't say anything about "fresh". That's the way we do it." And she walked away.

I finally got her to come back over and told her that I didn't want to eat it and please take it away and remove it from the bill, she literally said "are you kidding? No one else has ever had a problem with it." She was clearly aggrivated and she took the COMPLETELY UNTOUCHED plate and walked away. When she brought the bill, the waffle was still on there and I took it up to the counter and asked for it to be taken off. She said "we don't take something off the bill just because you don't like it". I asked to speak to the manager. I explained the situation and she got very belligerant and told me "You have to pay for it. You ordered it and you got it. You have to pay for it.". When I argued my point further and elevated my voice enough that the other customers were now very aware of my opinion, the manager grabbed the bill from my hand and yelled "Fine! Obviously, all you want is a free breakfast, so here's your money!" and she threw the price of the offending waffle onto the counter and stormed off, muttering profanities as she walked away. Obviously, we never went back, nor will we ever.

1  Thank Cindy F

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I used to go here all the time when the brothers ran it. Now under new management the food quality is garbage, waitresses do not seem happy, quite the contrary actually, and I believe the hostess (or possible owner) has put my tip for the waitress in her own pocket. My last visit I attempted to give the tip directly to our waitress an the hostess confronted my husband an I and as we were leaving we heard the waitress getting yelled at! Im moving on.