“Definitely not what we are used to.”
Review of Salisbury Beach

Salisbury Beach
Chattanooga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Definitely not what we are used to.”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Where to start? We are from out of state and found this beach seriously lacking. First there was a 15-20 min wait just to get into the park. When we paid the $15 out of state fee we really expected this to be a nice place.

There is plenty of parking and a lot of access to the beach areas. There is a little inlet that is better for smaller kids who wouldn't be able to deal with the strong waves and current on the ocean side. They also have a fairly large playground. They do have toilets and water to wash hands. But these are the end of my positive comments.

The beach was fairly crowded. The sand was incredibly hot. I'm not just being a pansy here. My husband burned his feet from walking without shoes on. The one good part about the hot sand is that you can warm up your feet when they are close to hypothermic from the freezing cold water. All of this could have been ignored as just circumstance if it wasn't for the lack of facilities.

I was not impressed with the bathrooms as far as cleanliness. At least they did have soap to wash hands. And it wasn't smelly. There is absolutely nowhere to rinse your feet after coming out of the sand and no shower facilities. Maybe I'm just spoiled because we come from a place where these things are standard.

Overall, if you're desperate for some beach time, this place will suffice. Otherwise, save up and head somewhere else.

3 Thank Famof6onvacay

Pepperell, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Great New England Beach”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was taken here by a good friend this past weekend. I had never been to this beach, and was really surprised just how nice it was. There was plenty of parking ($9) and a pretty easy walk to the beach itself. We camped out near the jetties so we could see the ocean side, and all the boats coming in. This is a great little stretch of beach. It was a Saturday, and 75-80 degrees, so the beach had plenty of people, but it didn't seem like the mos scene up in Hampton. The sand is great, the beach seems to stretch for at least a mile or two. As like most New England beaches, the ocean is bone chilling cold, but the water is clear and quite nice. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by the beauty of this spot, and I'm looking forward to going back.

2 Thank Scott B
Peabody, Massachusetts
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Beautiful day”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This beach is cute it's nothing spectacular but the water is beautiful. Came here on a Sunday it was crowded but not bad for 2pm. I will definitely come back and spend more time on the beach instead of walking around.

1 Thank papsj
North Attleboro
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Could use a little help”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

dIt is not the Salisbury beach of yesteryear. It could be a lot cleaner and the opportunities to make it so much better have not been used. Business after business has closed down. It is a very sad place but still a beach is a beach and that is the best part.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
“Comfortable, clean beach!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I practically live here and it's such a comfortable, friendly beach. The views are lovely and it's monitored by state police so it's safe. You'll see police ride their horses along the beach. The fireworks in the summer are great. Not too over-crowded.

Visited May 2014