“Great View But Not Worth the Price Tonight!”
Review of Sea Glass

Sea Glass
Ranked #9 of 64 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Wonderful location overlooking the ocean, great food & service.
Newmarket, New Hampshire
“Great View But Not Worth the Price Tonight!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Though the full moon (the Worm Moon) was a couple of nights ago, something was off last night. My wife and I had dinner at the Sea Glass before seeing Dave Mason perform next door at the Blue Ocean Music Hall. The waitress was on us after the manager made her aware of us, fairly quickly. We have been here before and waiter way too long to be recognized (we sat in the bar area since it’s typically quicker to get in and out when seeing a show).

The drinks came quickly, very pleased. We were both hungry as we both worked hard all week, thus were looking forward to a nice dinner. We opted not for the appetizer and went right into the dinner (after some lovely bread and butter). This is where the problem began.

The entrees’ were pricey, as I would expect for decent dining. My wife ordered the Shrimp Scampi and I ordered the Haddock Oscar. Arrggggg! Mind you that we are on the coast of Massachusetts. Right up the road from Gloucester, MA, famous for everything fish!

The haddock was dry as dry can be. Damn! What a disappointment. OK, sometimes a hit or miss with haddock (IF YOU ARE IN INDIANA!!!). My wife is a sweetheart so she won’t complain. I asked her how her Scampi was and she said, “Rubbery”! I asked to try it and she obliged. My God, it was beyond disgusting! I really can’t imagine how they can screw up shrimp.

The only saving grace was that the waitress (don’t know her name as she never told us and she was running so quickly that we couldn’t read her name tag) told the floor manager and he pulled the plates off the bill. I am not one to look for the meals to be excluded. We both know that an establishment can get busy. But both plates being bad were just too much.

I really enjoy the Sea Glass and the ambiance (particularly the view). But view alone doesn’t warrant the price.

• Visited March 2013

Salisbury, Massachusetts
“Love the ocean? This view will blow you away”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a restaurant for true lovers of the sea. I go for one reason; the view. Go during the day when the sun catches the white of the surf; you may see horses and riders galloping down the beach. Go in the evening when the spotlighted surf catches the lights of the restaurant; at high tide the water rushes in below you. Or go when outside the ocean and sky are cold and gray; inside the warm ambiance of a large fireplace welcomes you. The food is very good most of the time and most of the pricing is reasonable. In an area filled with good seafood restaurants though there are better choices if seafood or a limited budget is your top priority. Don't be turned off by Salisbury Beach which is more than a bit rundown. This restaurant is definitely tops in atmosphere. I go as often as I can.

• Visited December 2012
New Hampshire
“Great atmosphere Mediocre food”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Was looking forward to having a birthday dinner with my sons and my husband at Seaglass restaurant. Had heard mixed reviews but thought I'd try it for myself. We had a beautiful table and a very nice waitress. My husband and I Had the signature haddock. It was on the dry side With very little sauce. They also put a lobster Claw on top Which I feel was frozen because it was a quite chewy. The restaurant has beautiful atmosphere And I would love to go back for drinks and appetizers, But I would skip the meal

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Great view but mediocre food.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was not the first time in this restaurant. Last Sat. night might be my last. My wife and another person in the party ordered the prime rib. When the order came out it was quite apparent
that each cut was cooked indivdually. I told them to send it back but they did not. No one came
around after the meal was served to ask if every thing was right. I had sword fish which was ok. I
ordered a spanish coffee at the end of the meal which was the worst spanish coffee I ever had. The only thing that was great was the view. If I go back it won't be right away. I know one thing I will not tell my friends to go there.

• Visited October 2012
Bloomington, Illinois
“OK food, wonderful view, agonizingly slow service”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The restaurant is beautiful and so is the view. My food was good, but others in our party of 5 said that theirs was mediocre and cold. It took well over and hour and a half to get our food....so don't go there if you are in a hurry. Overall, I would recommend it, even with its flaws.

• Visited August 2012