“MA State Park” 5 of 5 bubbles

Salisbury, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“MA State Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I love this beach...extremely clean!!! The waves were fun today. So much room that it is not crowded. I love it here.

Visited August 2012

Bloomington, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

What is not to tell - love the beach! There are changing rooms and bathrooms etc. Camping is available, but I think you must reserve very early. The parking lots are large so this makes this beach an option for the area - both for price and availability of parking. There is a rocky area where some people like to fish.

Visited August 2012
Shutesbury, Massachusetts
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Was better than I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We went to the State Reservation, and did not camp. We just did the beach. There are no concession stands here so bring your own food. Arrived around 9:30am and everyone else was arriving at the same time. Got through the gate very quickly, and my state DCR passed covered our admission (I was expecting a $2 fee). The 3 parking lots are closer to each other than I thought they would be from looking at the map. We parked in the 3rd lot because it was closest to the playground. The toilets do smell and if you go from the bathrooms to the playground the walk is stinky because of them. The playground is a good break, or way to end your day, but it does need repairs. Keep a close eye on your child so they don't jump or fall from an unsafe place.

The beach itself has lifeguards and the other beach visitors were friendly. We mostly kept to ourselves but everyone kind of kept an eye on each other, and when one older man had a problem others pitched in to help him. Families, couples, and friends all seemed have a great day. No one was blasting music or being obnoxious on the day of our visit. We stayed for the full day and saw people come and go and didn't have problems with anyone. The water in July was freezing cold! Typical, I'm sure other area beaches are the same way. Still a great day trip for us.

For wheelchair access, there was a place near the parking lot with benches and sidewalk so folks who had mobility issues could still enjoy the sights. I'm not sure if they could really get in the water, but they could at least watch the boats and so forth.

Visited July 2012
watervliet, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Awesome Beach Camping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

This campground isalmost right on the beach. We had site X42 and it was no more then 200ft from the beach.

Be prepared though LOL, this had been our first time camping in sand and it is definetly different from the wilderness. :)

Get Deets 40 bug spray and a canopy for the Sun, there are very few trees and hardly any shade spots. It gets really hot.

I would highly recommend this place, it is great.

Melrose, Massachusetts
“Drive there!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Nice little drive, but I have never stayed overnight there. Great to see everything from the road.

Visited May 2012