“Don't Be Fooled by the Exterior”
Review of Sagamore Inn

Sagamore Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Sagamore
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Don't Be Fooled by the Exterior”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had a plain (but wonderful) lunch today at the Sagamore. Started with fish soup that was loaded with fish and set the table for the fish and chips to follow. Service was excellent. Highly recommend for a casual meal.

• Visited June 2013

Maynard, Massachusetts
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I always try to stop by here when we stay in Sandwich. We made it for two dinners while we were in Sandwich for a long weekend. I had the salmon the first night and swordfish the second time. The fish was cooked perfectly both times. My wife stuck with her favorite both times - Italian. Both of her meals were also very good. We had Linda as our waitress the first time and she was great. She talked about the history of the Inn over the years which we did find fascinating.

On the weekend, you need to plan to get there early. We were surprised how soon it filled up. We were very glad to see all the activity.

It has my recommendation! We expect to go back the next time we visit Sandwich.

Florida
“Good Down Home Food”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

They have many Italian dishes, plenty of food at reasonable prices. The restaurant is family owned and run, right on Route 6A. I did have steamers, which I love, and they have salads and other specialties.

Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“A disappointment”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had been wanting to try this place for literally years but with so many great places closer to where we live in the mid-cape area, we just never got around to it. Then friends of ours from Falmouth wanted to meet somewhere halfway and suggested this place. They love it. We didn't. It has it's charm - circa 1956 Capey atmosphere. The service was OK, though I had to practically beg for water - she kept forgetting it. The noise in the place was enough to blow your head off. I could not hear either of the men who were sitting right beside me! Granted, I am hard of hearing but even my husband commented on how uncomfortably loud it was.

The food - at least mine - was boring. We ordered a fried calamari appetizer which was rather bland. There were deep fried jalapeno pepper rings mixed in, which we found out the hard way. Under all that batter it was hard to tell what was calamari and what was pepper at first. The dipping sauce, I guess, was Italian. It was tomato sauce anyway. Two of our party ordered fish and chips and they said it was excellent. The servings were huge. I sampled a fry and it was quite tasty. One of the men ordered the seafood platter which was the biggest one I have ever seen (and for the price, it should have been!) He was very pleased with his selection. Not wanting a huge plate of fried food (I thought this place was an Italian restaurant before we arrived), I ordered the Chicken Cacciatore. Now my grandmother was from the old country and made this all the time so maybe I am spoiled but this was no more cacciatore than it was ice cream. It was a few chunks of boneless, skinless chicken with diced tomatoes and way under-cooked large pieces of peppers and onions - and not many of those. Almost no discernible seasoning. I have never had something less like a stew. I will say the penne I had with it was perfectly cooked but there wasn't enough sauce to really enjoy it. The other couple ordered Grapenut pudding for dessert and left most of it.

I was shocked when we got the bill. For fish and chips?? Yikes! I just read someone else's review and they said there was an 18% gratuity added which I must have missed - so the waitress made herself a nearly 40% tip and, of course, didn't mention it.

My husband and I agreed - we won't be back.

2 Thank Librarilyn
Sandwich
“Best fried clams on the cape”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The only seafood that I like is fried clams. I have tried many restaurants on the cape which is famous for seafood and the best that I have found is at the Sagamore Inn. It has a great atmosphere and everyone there is very friendly. The baked stuffed seafood plate got rave reviews from others at the table.