“loveing caring helpful aways working for the campers to have a wonderful time!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pout and Trout Campground

Pout and Trout Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rutland
Pout and Trout Campground
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I am a camper at pout & trout i have been here since i moved to mass in the end of 2011 season. 2012 was the best camping year for me the staff answers all of my ?s & their kids were always kind & were always willing to help if i needing a hand!! i love the way the staff are to the campers it makes me feel at home even though i am not!!! Pout & Trout is my home away from home & i love it ! so i hope to see you there!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
8 Thank pinkgirl-96

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Millbury, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Pout & Trout Campground as of the Summer of 2012, I myself & my Boyfriend had pick this campground out Over ALL THE OTHERS Because when we were 1st walking threw with a Man who I will not say a name, He seemed Lik a Friendly guy & mentioned that this Campground has been around for yrs..I saw staff working (now, this is b4 the season even began), The Staff were VERY Plencent, Had an answer 4 EVERY question we had asked..Now u have 2 remember this was going 2 be our 1st time Camping in a New Trailer we had bought..We have no children, So any of the kids activities did not matter to us..We thought the Campground was very well kept, had alot of space 2 go walking, a pool (that they were getting ready) & they had told us of the many Activities for the Adults..We found a site that we had thought Suited us, It was Spacious, Clean & Nice neighbors..From April 15th to October 15th we were there & had an Alright time, I say alright only B/C thats what we made of this trip..Not B/C of the Campground itself..As time went on, we made some friends (we still talk with them now,in the winter), We went on Nice Long Walks with our Dog, & I must say our Dog LOVED this place..Alot of wooded area's for us 2 take him, Alot of space for Tenting..So just 2 some it up -- Pout & Trout Campground ~~ I Would Recommend to friends & family, Staff is VERY Nice (they had 2 put up with us, lol)..If you Didnt Like this Campground then dont come back OR write any bad reviews, just B/C u didnt have a Good Time Doesnt mean Others wont...We had a GREAT Time & Will be Seasonal Campers Till we grow old..hahaha, Lots of Laughs at Pout & Trout..& I cant Stop with the staff being overly generous to our needs, & We had alot of them..A home away from home, to have fun with family friends & Whatever else you wanna do, Fires -- We had Tons of Fires, & Not one person complained about them..They did Complain about one thing that I will NOT mention..But that was our Fault..SO, COME ONE COME ALL, HAVE FUN AWAY FROM HOME, FRIENDLY CAMPERS & FRIENDLY STAFF..IF YOU ENJOY CAMPING, THEN POUT & TROUT IS THE PLACE TO COME, & COME JOIN US AS SEASONAL CAMPERS BUT you have 2 want to have a good time...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Mugsy_13
worcester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I would like to try this campground, especially since I have friends there. BUT, as I was visiting the camp for a look at what they had I came upon a few gentelmen more than happy to help in conversation and I probably would of listened more if it weren't for the fact that they were both DRUNK and it was 10:30 AM. (1st red flag), I don't think I would like my children to have to see drunks all day. 2nd what is that one swing area they call a playground. OMGosh are you kidding for a family campground what do the children have to play on, or do they take tickets to have a swing one at a time..? come on....when I was young 30 plus yrs ago I stayed at this campground with family and friends and we had sooo much fun. I gotta say I understand its not the Waldoff as a reviewer mentioned BUT a campground should be enjoyable for our kids as well. Yes there is a swimming pool, but I have that at home..I dont have a playground...Clean it up, get rid of the trash hanging out front (drunks included) make this a respectable campground again,,and for goodness sakes invest some money into a new playground. In the long run you will get it all back because people would come..!...also PLEASE open some sites a bit bigger, my goodness everyone is on top of each other!...hoping to see changes someday.

Room Tip: find a motel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank kdesrosiers
Brockton, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

People are friendly.Leisure time is great for people with no children. I love kids but not having any I choose not to be in the middle of them.Not all campgroungs have such a feature.Been here for 11 years and will continue to make this my second home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Donna M
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Pout & Trout Campground 2012. Its very important to state 2012, as there are allot of changes that have occurred. First, this is not a $3,000/season campground. There are no Restaurants, Barrooms, no Golf Course or any other high end extravagances. If you want to eat, use your grill or cook on the open fire. If Adults want a beverage, please BYOB. What this place does have is a sense of belonging. I have been a seasonal here for more time than I can remember, and have seen all the changes, good, bad or indifferent. After many years of being unable to take care of the campground, the Locke Family (the third generation) has stepped back in and the improvements are quite noticeable. The campground is clean (including the bathrooms) and the staff is organized. The weekly activities schedule has been improved and seems to include something for everyone. Kids are the priority, with the sense that if the kids are happy, everyone is happy. Rules apply to EVERYONE, including the staff. And the best is that the seasonal campers have stepped up, taken ownership of there summer getaway and are involved with making the campground all it can be. The pool is clean and the nearby river and comet pond well stocked. Looking at the Pout & Trout Facebook page, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Everyone has an opinion, mine is that this is definitely the best vacation for your dollar, especially if the campground continues with the improvements it is making now.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank MAC7SMC
WEST BOYLSTON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I've been a seasonal camper at pout and trout for many years now and have seen the decline of the facility for many years.The property has become an unsightly mess,when first driving past the gate and looking to the rt the first thing you see is a broken down camper with trash and beer cans strewn all about.The farther you go into the main camping area the filthier it got.Over the past few years the restrooms became filthy and disgusting.Alacholics ran rampid after dark,bad language and basic bad behavior became a normal activity.I for one am looking forward to the new/old managment to take control again of an out of control situation and give the place one more chance for one more season.lets get things back to a family campground that we all can enjoy and be proud to call a summer get away.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank RICH R
worcester,ma.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

i recently drove to the campgrd.. to see if they did any inprovements but nothing has changed keepig in mind the season is over i would of liked to see something going as far as maint. the owner that leased the campgrd. to in my opinio to the management from hell team has taken the property back .it has become know as a dirty place w/a bunch of drunks, i hope the owner realizses that he needs to also bring in new employees as when i was there the had the most rude ,vile people in there employ. i would give the owners a chance but they are dumed to fail if they keep the present staff. wake up pout/trout you are only as good as your employees and from i saw there this past season its time to clean house

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
16 Thank justmeworcester-ma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster
Super 8 Gardner
Super 8 Gardner
#2 of 2 in Gardner
Days Inn Leominster/Fitchburg Area

Been to Pout and Trout Campground? Share your experiences!