“Disappointed”

Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Rowley
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We dined out with friends and looking forward to a wonderful meal. Tropical salmon was very dry. The dish came with asparagus that you could barely find on plate as it was incredibly thin and fried out. Corned beef was too salty and sliced too thick which also made it less appetizing. Drinks were excellent. Wait staff and service exceptional. We have noticed that over our last several visits the food is going downhill. Will not be back.

2  Thank BTK1127

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Live around the corner from the restaurant. Have two young kids and don't get out much. Worked late didn't want to cock can't stand subs or pizza so figured I would give the Tavern a shot. Was very happy with the service. They told me 20 minutes when I ordered got there in 15 minutes paid for my food ordered a glass of merlot and my food was ready before I got my drink. Sucked back the vino got home in three minutes and opened my take out. Ordered buffalo tenders and Steak Tips with mashed potatoes assorted veggies and sautéed onions which were served under the tips which I prefer. Buffalo tenders were ggood. Real chicken not frozen tenders. Sauce was just right. Tenders were not soaked dripping excessively with too much sauce. They were breaded nice and held the flavor of the sauce well without drowning them. Tips were cooked perfect. Medium. Had a great marinade and the onions packed the perfect punch in flavors. Mashed and veggies were good also. Potatoes had a great seasoning taste and were not bland. Veggies were cooked right and had lots of natural flavor. Which I prefer , not soaked in seasoning. Overall good experience . Will return. Maybe actually eat out for once . Hope this helps

1  Thank Coleh910
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We are lucky on the North Shore to have so many great seafood stops along the coastal routes. From little clam shacks to fancier sit down restaurants they are easily found. Sometimes when you are on a coastal trip, you may want a restaurant that offers a menu with more variety. The Bradford Tavern fills that need very well. Its on the Rowley-Ipswich line where Routes 133 and !-A split apart, and about 1 mile from Route 1. This is a friendly restaurant that has a warm,casual dining area and also an energized bar side. You get the feeling that it is the place friends come to have a good time. The menu has every taste covered. I have enjoyed the mustard encrusted chicken salad. This salad has a lot of chicken on it, grilled to perfection, and is a good sized meal salad. The turkey tips are also very good. They are nicely marinated and grilled up just right. The steaks and burgers are always popular, and I do see people enjoying seafood quite often. Be sure to look at the special's sheet, as some creative dishes always seem to be offered. The desserts are always very tempting, but I have always been too full to order one. Well once I did grab a bite of my friend's Toll House pie and it was phenomenal. Yes Rowley is not on everyone's radar and trips that way often find you in the better known cities like Newburyport, Ipswich and Essex, but if you are willing to swing a little bit out of your way, you will be pleasantly surprised by the food at Bradford Tavern.

1  Thank DT705
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Went last night with another couple. Roomy with 2 rooms and good sized bar area. Seated quickly. Waitstaff very prompt and courteous. Drinks varied and very good. Good beer selection. Food was very good and not overpriced. Went to the bar for a drink after and again very good. Sat in the back as it was the only table available. Cold air thru the vents though on a cold night.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant; great service,very good food (everything served hot) large servings. One of the best Bloody Mary's I have had. Save room for the deserts. located in an old Tavern, not far from Ipswich, and Essex. nice country setting.

2  Thank DLGArlingtonMA

Been to Bradford Tavern? Share your experiences!