Linden Tree Inn
Rockport Inn and Suites(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$159
Eagle House Beachside(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$128
Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$189
Eagle House Motel(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$118
Hotels.com
Captain's Bounty on the Beach(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$229
$119
Agoda.com
Sea Lion Motel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$124
Hotels.com
The Vista(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$159
$135
Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$171
$166
Emerson Inn(Rockport)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshomemade sconescarriage housebed and breakfastcanadian baconthe main househot breakfastthe king size bedample parkingan overnight stayquiet locationwithin walking distanceeach morningbearskin necktobeytobyjohncupola
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This is a great place to stay in Rockport. The rooms we had were good sized, bright, cheery and very clean. Beds were super comfy! Short walking distance to the town and beach, however the beaches in town are very small. Nice deck in front that you can sit and relax in. And of course no review would be complete without saying that Tobey makes great scones and cookies! There is always something to eat no matter what time it is. Thanks Tobey and John for a wonderful family weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms 21 and 22 were great and were right next to each other.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Nice charming place to stay midway on an gentle uphill street and away from the noise and traffic of main drag. The place is quiet, spacious with plenty of free parking – I mean on premises parking not off the street or in a paid parking lot.

Tobey’s scones are in a class by itself . They are sooooooo good that it’s worthy to be patentized and marketed as a signature brand. Incorporation and IPO should be coming next.

The Mill Pond/Brook parks close by are worth a stroll and light walk in early morning (while still shrouded in the fog and before the mist burn off). A picture perfect landscape and serenity that inspire artist.

We had a very enjoyable stay here overthe Memorial Day weekend and just off attending a commencement ceremony in Boston. I would strongly recommend this place for anyone who does not want to stay at just run-of-the-mill resorts or the most- convenient places just off the drag. One suggestion: maybe it’s time to change some dated area rugs and runners.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank felixc88
Tobeyvl, Owner at Linden Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2011

Thank you Felixc88 for the thoughtful review. We enjoyed having you and your wife stay with us. We have a program in place to always improve the experience of our guests.

Tobey and John

Reviewed February 26, 2011

A few caveats before I begin: We stayed there during the off season between Xmas and New Year's, so we got a lot more attention than guests normally would during the busy summer months. Also, we were the only guests, so that makes the above doubly true.

When we arrived, their driveway was cleared of the snow from the previous night's storm. The Christmas decorations were lovely and tasteful. There were candies, tea, and hot chocolate for anytime.

Innkeepers Tobey and John are both personal and professional. Their suggestions for things to do, places to eat, etc. were spot on. The inn itself has many different kinds of rooms depending on your needs. The coffee was good and strong and Tobey's scones were to die for! Also, the location is near the train, beach, and downtown Rockport. I would unhesitatingly recommend this place to friends and family. The one downside is getting luggage up and down stairs (it's 3 floors) is a little tough, but when you stay at historic B&B's, you have to be a little flexible with given layout.

We will be returning.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2010

We chose this Inn for a couple of nights towards the end of a long trip around New England and had already stayed in many Inns, this one was up with the best of them. Admittedly, we were there at the end of the season and not many other guests were there, but Tobey and John were perfect hosts.They have some of the most comfortable beds in New England, a fact that could be said for each Inn that we stayed in, maybe we were just lucky, but I doubt it.Tobey was a mine of local information and if you are into photography you can spend an hour or so swapping techniques. The location is good and Rockport is well worth a visit check out the new music venue on the main street, it has a breathtaking backdrop

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mayo5051
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I found Linden tree from a referral from a hotel in Rockport. I called Friday and wanted two nites but the hotel was booked on Saturday. I am so glad they referred Linden Tree to me because it met all my expectations! It was very clean, breakfasts were good, and it was only a short walk to the picturesque downtown where I dined on fresh seafood and lobster!. I went jogging both days and found a great trail by the rocks - very beautiful views. Toby told me about their 'top room' where there is a small look-out where you can see the sea during the day and stars at night - and be perfectly alone ( its' heated!). This impromptu trip made me a happy, relaxed guy and I wish I could come back next weekend...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo